Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Celebrate 12 Birthday Card!

Hi Everyone,

I have been MIA for a little while now. We made our big trip back from Baltimore on Sat. and returned back to Iowa this Sunday. It was really hard to leave my parents, and I am so grateful that we could all be there with them for so long. Thanks to everyone for the sweet wishes of good health for my father. On our way home, I got a really bad cold - major congestion etc.. The past 2 days, I have been trying to sort laundry, put away all of our things that we crammed into our Minivan and get my bearings again. I hadn't even touched anything craft related, but last night I realized that I needed to make a birthday card for my dearest Akhila who is turning 12 this sunday!! I can't believe she is so big - I remember holding her as a wee little one. I can't believe that she is almost a teenager!!! Whaaaa??? 
So out came some crafts and in the late hours of the night, I tried to make my little Akhila a birthday card. I was trying to figure out what I should do and so for inspiration I popped onto the OCC and saw this great sketch. The card sketch is from the gang at Our Creative Corner .  All of these lovely ladies are amazing and I especially LOVE Dawn Easton's work. Apart from being an amazing artist -  Dawn is just soooo sweet - she is so kind and uplifting and her messages are just so inspiring. She is just a lovely lady. What an amazing world of crafters we live in!! 
I really enjoy doing these sketch challenges - its such a fun way to use the space and to see all the other amazing crafters and their creations. (Note to Self: I think I am slowly becoming a challenge junkie! gasp!!) This weeks challenge was:


It is a great sketch and worked perfectly with the sentiments that I wanted to use. I am not sure where the paper is from - its from a stack of DP that is from the pre-blog days. The 2 sentiments were stamped with Stazon Black ink. The Celebrate sentiment is from SU! Tag Time set and the numbers are from Clear Stamps (Doodle Numbers). The brads are from Scrap Essentials (Bright Mini Brads and Bright Star Brads). The ribbon is from Offray. 



I would also like to give a shout out to Savitri for the inspiration for this card. She made such a great card for her MIL and I loved her use of numbers. She has got such a great style and her work is just awesome - go and check her out here. Go Savitri :)!

I am glad to finally post a card - phew! It's been so long since I made one, and its amazing how happy making a card makes me feel! So, now I am off to the post office to send this little card to my little Akhila who is not so little anymore (but she will always be my sweet little one - to me).

 Hope all of you are well and enjoying the sunshine of summer!

Best wishes to all!,
Sankari


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was just stopping by to say hello and I see my name :) Glad my number idea inspired you to do the same. Aren't they fun AND personalized? I hope things are more settled in for you.

Oh, are you Indian? I have an Indian name... if you are you probably already know that. My dad just liked it then :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh yes it is perfect for your sentimen, thanks for playing with us OCC girls.

Manuela said...

Sankari, this card is very very pretty!!! I loved the colors! And Savitri is a inspiration to me too. Kisses...

Dawn Easton said...

Love your daughters card Sankari! She will LOVE it! It's amazing how fast they grow. My daughter will only be 9 later this month but wow...time does fly! Thanks for the SWEET comments! You are too kind!! I'm glad you were able to play along with us at the OCC!!