Today's weather forecast is supposed to get up to almost 100F degrees... ugh! So, I thought the best way to spend it would be to clean out my craft area - and instead made a card :D - I hadn't played with these super cute stamp sets recently from Taylored Expressions - and I throughly enjoyed inking up these adorable elephants from the Elephants in Love stamp set (A La Carte Stamps) and the sentiment is from the Big Love stamp set.
The papers are from the super super adorable Summertime Project Pantry Kit and I absolutely loved coloring in the elephants and hearts and trying to keep it simple, while not going overboard with the Butterscoth liquid pearls ;). I added little yellow ribbon tag with a copper brad to the top of the image and love that it fit perfectly with the liquid pearl drops along the scalloped edge :)
I love playing with stamps that I haven't inked up in awhile :) Speaking of which - there is still time to sign up for the July Blast from the Past Blog Hop from Taylored Expressions!!!! Deadline is July 15th! The hop rules for July will be:
- To create a card featuring any Taylored Expressions stamp set released through April 2010. You can find a list of stamp sets by release date HERE.
- Taylor will provide a challenge to help you jump start your card, but the challenge is optional - all you have to do is to post your card on your blog on July 20th at 8am PST and include links to the participants in the hop (Taylor makes this step easy so you don't have to spend hours linking everyone!)
- To get started - just sign up to play along by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "July 20 Hop". In your email just list your first and last name and a link to your blog (by sending this email you are committing to posting a creation on your blog at 8am PST on July 20th according to the hop rules above).
- You'll get an email confirmation of your spot in the hop along with the challenge and list of excluded stamps - and a few days before the hop, you will get a list of all the participants and the links to include in your post with the Hop badge.
- aaaannnd... the BEST part is that one random participant will be selected to win the stamp set of your choice from Taylored Expressions!!! WOo-HOO!!!!
I hope you have a chance to play along - these hops are so much fun and its a great way to see all the different TE stamp sets inked up and crafted in the hands of so many amazing crafters!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you keep cool if you are in hot place and stay warm if you are in a cool place ;)