Tuesday, November 30, 2010

JustRite Cling stamps: Forever Friends

Hi Everyone,
 We are officially in winter season over here - today was the first day of snowfall.... sigh... I can't believe that summer and autumn is really over... the snowsuits are officially coming out! There is nothing more cozy than hiding out in the craft nook when its cold and snowy outside and making a card.

I pulled out the sweet stamp set called Quiet Moments from JustRite Cling Stamps....It felt so good to stamp a spring time scene during a snowfall :) I wanted to create a night time scene for the fairies looking at the moon and so I started off by coloring the moon with copics and then stamped the fairy scene again separately and after coloring the fairies and flowers, cut them out individually and adhered it ontop of the first one. I added some spica glitter onto the hair and flowers and dresses - I love the way that it glitters n the sunlight. I sponged the edges of the image panel with some Tuxedo Black ink, making it darker around the corners...
There is a separate image of the wings that I stamped on vellum with cardstock and then adhered it to the back of the fairy. Here is a closer image of the fairies and the wings. I finished it off with some liquid pearls and attached the ribbon with glue dots;

Card Ingredients:
Paper: from stash (Bazzill)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black) and (Danube Blue)
Accessories: Liquid Pearls (Pewter), sponger, Dimensionals, corner chomper, May Arts Ribbon, Fiskars edger punch, Prima flower, glue dots, spellbinders, spic glitter and copics.

I loved coloring these fairies - there is something definitely relaxing about stamping and coloring - nothing like getting rid of those winter day blues with some stamp therapy! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope you are having a beautiful one!
hugs,
Sankari :)


1 comment:

Becky Green said...

LOVE the colors!!!! They're SO RICH!!!! Your work ALWAYS looks SO DETAILED!!!! :)