Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks - Day 1


Hi Everyone!



Hope you had a wonderful weekend! This weekend was filled with birthday parties, baby showers and all kinds of celebrations! I was so glad to get home at the end of the weekend and just relax doing nothing! There is no place like home and that brings me to today's sneak peeks for Day 1 of Release week excitement over at Taylored Expressions, where today, the Baker's Dozen DT will be previewing the cutest brand-new stamp set called: Cozy Cottages that was designed by the awesome Nancy McKinney along with three brand new dies: 


1. Cloud Duo dies 
2. Whimsey Tree die
3.  Picket Fence Die


Here is a picture of the three new dies:






All of these dies and the new stamp sets that will be shown this week will all be available for purchase this Friday (Feb. 4th at 8am PST!)  - so stay tuned this week for sneak peeks every day for all the stamps and dies that will be released in February! 



The stamp set that we are previewing today is called Cozy Cottages and is the next stamp set that is part of Taylor's Giving Tree program, where every quarter a different charity is from a portion of the purchase of a stamp set that honors that charity. During the months of February, March and April - when you purchase this stamp set - you will be supporting the wonderful organization: Habitat for Humanity! 


In college we were able to volunteer with this great organization that allows thousands of low-income families to have affordable housing. Habitat for Humanity is a true world leader in addressing the issues of poverty housing and have built more than 350,000 houses and sheltering more than 1.75 million people in more than 3,000 communities world wide! Please visit www.habitat.org for more information on this wonderful and amazing charity


Taylored Expressions will be donating $7.00 to Habitat for Humanity for each Cozy Cottage stamp sold int he next three months!!!!! *** Because a portion of the sales of this stamp set will be going towards charity - this stamp set will come as a sheet of rubber that will need to be trimmed - so that more can be able to be donated towards charity. 


I loved working with this organization, I know people who are able to live in proper housing because of this organization and I feel so happy to be able to support this organization through this stamp set! I was so excited to create some projects for this super cute stamp set and as soon as I saw one of the sentiments in this set, I knew I wanted to create a little something for one of my BFF's who has moved away :( I immediately thought of creating this for her with this sentiment: "the road to a friend's house is never long" How true! I thought I would create a little frame for her to have in her new house and since the sentiment is all about journey - I thought I would use the super cute papers from Cosmo Cricket's Joy Ride to decorate the frame and paper piece the super cute houses in this set! I love these papers and thought that they were perfect for a sentiment about journeys :)






I stamped the houses onto different DP's from this paper pack and arranged in a row and created some clouds using the sweet Cloud Duo's dies :) I finished the frame off by putting it in a 4x6 frame and then used some Mod Podge over the DP that I used to cover part of the frame and also over the picket fence that I created using the Picket Fence die (also to be released on Friday). I love how this turned out and can't wait to send it to her (or maybe I should wait and bring it to her on our next road trip to visit her!)


For my next project using this super cute stamp set - I used a totally fun new product that Taylor will be carrying at the store called Darcie's Acrylic Frames that you can use to create shadowboxes. These frames come in different sizes and make super cute gifts or home decor! I can't wait to make more :) I used the Large Raine Frame shape with the Echo Park Walk in the Park papers and the Cozy Cottage stamp. I wanted to create something that we can hang on the door (we finally took our Christmas jingley wreath down!) and so after covering the chipboard, I punched some holes to tie a ribbon to hang it up on the door.






The hills were halved scalloped nesties dotted with liquid pearls and I used the new Whimsey die for the trees (I created mirror images by flipping the die over) and added leaves with some Lettuce Liquid Pearls. After paper piecing and coloring in the house, I adhered it to the top of the hill and added a picket fence and some clouds using the Picket Fence Die and the Clouds Duo die :) I love how it turned out and love that it can be hung on the door or hung inside the house somewhere.



There are so many possibilities for this wonderful set - from creating welcome to the neighborhood cards, to moving cards, from home sweet home cards, to thank you cards for hostesses! This stamp set is simply more than adorable and better than anything - purchasing it also helps to support an amazing organization!


And speaking of helping the organization: Habitat for Humanity, Taylor has also created a coloring book for both kids and kids at heart, where a portion from the sales of this book will help to support this wonderful organization! This coloring book is filled with wonderful TE images and Taylor has enlisted the help from the Tiny Chef Design Team to showcase this super sweet product!



Here is a picture of my 6 year old Tiny Chef holding his very own TE coloring book and coloring his very own TE images:

And here is a picture of him coloring and his final work of art - he loves coloring and loved coloring this sweet page in :) ( I love that he wanted to put "sunshine" all over the card :)
I love that this stamp set and this sweet TE coloring book all help this wonderful organization! And I can't wait to see all the gorgeous creations that everyone has created using the stamp sets and dies today - so hop on over with me and check out these amazing ladies!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Please stop by tomorrow to see Day 2 of sneak peeks!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)
  

17 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all just totally fabulous-- I'm always blow away by all of your amazing details Sankari-- and Jayantha looked like he was having fun coloring--he's such a little super star and so stinkin' adorable!! I'm surprised Uma didn't want to jump in on the coloring action too-- I had one start to color and all three were attacking me for pages! :) HUGS!!

Taylor said...

WOW!! Such amazing projects, Sankari! I love your frame with the sweet little house nestled in among the hills! And of course all the pretty pearly dots!

Jayanta looks so cute with his coloring book and I love all the sunshine on his page! Just like mommy... full of sunshine! :)

Sharon Harnist said...

What an awesome frame and fabulous colorer your little man is!

Jen Tapler said...

OK, he is the cutest thing EVER!! What a fabulous job you did Jayantha with your coloring! What? You colored that especially for Auntie Jen? You are SO sweet! I might have to send you some CANDY from Maui for that!! (shhh! Don't tell your Mom!). Oh! Did you post something today too Sankari? I barely noticed - I mean, it was pretty cute too, but I think that sunshiny coloring page definitely takes center stage!! Great job little dude!!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful.The colors are stunning.
Wooooowwwoooooo! Love it!
Janine

Donna Baker said...

oh wow! your frames are nothing short of masterpieces as usual! I LOVE the banner and awesome dimension on the 2nd one, how fun for it to be displayed on a door (pretty one at that) and your son is so handsome-great job on his coloring! Big Hugs beautiful!

Unknown said...

LOVE these projects, sankari...and your little man is just adorable! fabulous job!

Jodi Collins said...

I don't even know where to start girlie!! Both of your frames are STUNNING and your acrylic frame looks like a wonderland! It reminds me on when all the golden ticket holders see the candy room in the Wonka factory for the first time! SPECTACULAR!!!

Jayanta is SO precious! What a beautiful boy and he is SO talented...just like his mama!!!
Hugs!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sankari, these projects are FABULOUS, girl! Oh my! Just gorgeous! And Jayanta is just TOO cute! Can I take him home? LOL The picture he colored is just beautiful. . .so happy and bright!

Jami said...

Love love love both of your projects! So super super CUTE! And wow - you're little guy did a great job! How fun!

Beverly Montez said...

These are really awesome. I love all the colors!

Karen Giron said...

Your son is the cutest ever! I love him! Look how proud he is of his perfect little project, I love it! Your liquid pearls on the acrylic look fab!!! Seriously, you amaze me!

Rose said...

Both pieces of art are stunning, you are the queen of those liquid pearls. I am sure your friend is going to treasure her art forever, I know I'd have it on my mantle! Your son is adorable and quite the artist in training. Beautiful work.

Jackie Pedro said...

HOly Hannah!!! Those frames just about made me fall off my chair!! Perfection!!! Love the little banner across the acrylic frame!

And Jayanta is going to be a chick magnet when he gets older! He is the cutest!!

Regina Mangum said...

You are always so amazing, sweet Sankari! Both your card and your frame are just stunning. And, your little Tiny Chef is SO CUTE! He is such a handsome and talented little guy! XOXO

Anonymous said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! Actually, let's put that on my door...OMG girlfriend, stunning work!

Karen Motz said...

LOVE your little guys colourful picture...I see he takes after his mom's love of colour!!! The frames are amazing...really really amazing!!!