Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Taylored Expressions February Sneak Peeks: Ruffle My Feathers Cutting Plate and Eggstra-Special birdhouse

Hi Everyone!

Today I am so excited to share some projects that I have made with the soon to be released Ruffle My Feathers cutting plate from Taylored Expressions.This is such a cooling cutting plate - I think it might be my favorite (ok - they are all my favorite!) but this one is so cool - I die cut it with some paper thin handmade blue paper and it really did feel like light feathers - I then added a little bit of blue bling to each feather for that added blingalicious effect :)

I used the sentiment "Thank You " from the Wispy Wishes stamp set (also will be released tomorrow) - this same set has a beautiful row of hearts that I stamped next to the sentiment that cut out with the Banner Stacklets 2 dies and then attached with a large eyelet and some ribbon:


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Wispy Wishes from Taylored Expressions
Paper: handmade blue paper and various colored card stock
Inks: Teal Zeal and Lulu Lavender from Memento
Accessories: Dimensionals, Best Glue Ever, Bling, Ruffle My Feathers Cutting Plate, Banner Stacklets 2
 I used this same Ruffle My Feathers cutting plate for my second project where I decorated a birdhouse using this awesome cutting plate as little tiles for the roof :) and paired it with the Eggstra-Special stamp set that has this lovely sentiment with these darling birds!
Here is another angle of the bird house. I started out by painting it and then adhered DP from the December KI kit:


I cut the Ruffle My Feathers cutting plate on some red cardstock twice and then measured the roof and trimmed it accordingly and added a little roof covering to the center  with some red cardstock and DP:
I added some stickles to the center of each part of the feathers on the cutting plate and then finished off the whole birdhouse with some ModPodge - this gave my roof some heaviness so that the cut edges from the Ruffle My Feathers cutting plate maintained their curl upwards:
Here is a close up of the birdhouse with the Eggstra-Special stamp set - I love these two sweet birds - I colored them with copics and then adhered them to the birdhouse and then added the sentiment to one corner and some prima flowers to the other side:


I can't wait to see what all the designers have created with these awesome new dies and stamps - please hop around with me and check them out:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Sankari :)



4 comments:

Jen Shults said...

Sankari I don't even have words for this. You are just amazing! Such a creative genius!

Patti J said...

WOW! Look at these amazing creations! You have showcased the new items beautifully - thanks for the inspiration!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card with the bejeweled Ruffle My Feathers Cutting Plate is absolutely gorgeous, Sankari and what can I say about that fabulous bird house....WOW!!!!! What a super clever idea to use the cutting plate for the roof and the little birds are sooo sweet....you did a fantastic job with both projects, GF!!!

Sue A said...

Great projects! I am in love with that new Ruffle My Feathers cutting plate.