Monday, May 5, 2014

Taylored Expressions May Sneak Peeks: Light Up the Night with City Skyline and Patriotic Prose (Brave)

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Release Week from Taylored Expressions for May 2014!! Today I am so excited to show two projects that I created using the awesome stamps and dies that will be released later on this week! Whoohoo!!

For my first project, I created a little cityscape using the new border die called: City Skypline and paired it with the new stamp set called: Light Up the Night which features these super awesome fireworks!!



I created a little scene using the Build a Scene - Rolling Hills dies the clouds from the Cloud Border die. I added some stickles and bling to the fireworks and then colored in the windows of the buildings with different colors of yellow for light in the windows:




Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Light Up the Night stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tangelo, Ladybug Red, Cantaloupe, London Fog
Taylored Dies: City Skyline die, Build A Scene dies: Rolling Hills, Cloud Border
Papers: white, black and green cardstock
Accessories: dark green felt, stickles, bling, sponger, foam dimensionals


Such a fun stamp set and such an infinite set of possibilities for how to use all of these stamps and dies together!! Perfect for celebrations of all sorts, new years eve and 4th of July!! And speaking of 4th of July, I created a card using the new American Flag cutting plate that I cut on red, white and blue cardstock, but cut the stars out and layered them together:
I created a little pocket using and used the sentiment: "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" from the new stamp set called: Patriotic Prose: Brave. I also added a few strips of stars from the Reach for the Stars border die for a little fun & flair :)

I finished it off with some twine on the side and then corner chomped the edges with photo corner chomper:



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Patriotic Prose - Brave (Taylored Expressions)
Taylored Dies: American Flag Die Cutting Plate, Reach for the Stars border
Papers: 4th of July Project Pantry (2013 from TE) and Kraft cardstock
Accessories: corner chomper, red twine, foam dimensionals, sponger


This was such a fun patriotic card to make - I just loved creating these cards today!! I can't wait to see what all the designers have created today from all the wonderful dies and stamps that will be released this week!! Please hop along with me and check them out!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Please hop on by tomorrow for more peeks from this awesome release!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

10 comments:

Queen Mary said...

Love the clouds and grassy hills! Great additions! Land of the free and home of the brave always make me think of baseball and your card makes me think of tickets to the game! Probably not what you had in mind, but I love it!

Renee said...

USA!! Love these products...you did a great job at coloring & cutting & assembling them together!

Carol McCready said...

Your cards are fabulous.

Kathy JH said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I especially lived that first one - beautiful!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!! Always inspiring!
XO

Kendra said...

WOW! These are fantastic! I just love the bright colors you used for the fireworks. And to use the stars from the flag cutting plate for the fireworks... you are a superSTAR!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are amazing. Love all of the stars in the sky of the first card. The lights behind the windows. Great job.

Joan Ervin said...

Both of your cards are fabulous, Sankari!!!! The clouds on your first card look fantastic in your festive sky and I love all the blingy stars on your second!!!!

Jen Shults said...

These are so wonderful Sankari! I love how you used the build a scene dies to create the foreground!

CraftyPaws said...

WOW WOW WOW! Those fireworks look awesome and what a lovely patriotic card. They would both be great for OWH cards (minus the glitter of course). TFS Hugs, Kristina