Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy 5th Birthday :)

Hi Everyone!

My sweet god-daughter turned five this month!! I can't believe how time has flown - I remember holding her the day she was born and all of the sudden she is going to be starting kindergarten! She is one of the most beautiful, spunkiest, sweetest little cuties ever and it is an honor to be her god-mama!! 

I made a special birthday card for her last year and she really liked it so I had to make another one this year! I used the Tall & Skinny #'s dies to personalize this card for her and die cut the #5 twice and colored one with stickels and put it on a circle mat that I then collaged together the number and her sweet little picture with the cake from the You Take the Cake stamp set:


I love how this card turned out - my favorite part was putting a little butterfly right by her ear - such a fun little way of popping out the picture! I added a Party Banner die and some enamel dots on the side for some festive feel:

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: You Take the Cake stamp set from Tailored Expressions
Inks: Memento Pear Tart
Papers: Simple Stories: Hello Baby DP and Earl Grey (TE) and Cupcake (TE)
Accessories: Tall & Skinny #'s dies (TE) and Party Banner Border (TE), Best Glue Ever, Foam dimensional Tape, silver enamel dots, corner chopper, stickles, circle nesties

I love making cards for my dearest and nearest - it makes me so happy to create something personalized for them. The best part of making this card was her opening it and then sitting with her and reading what we wrote inside to her - her smile is the best present!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Sankari :)



2 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

The card is darling. She will love it.

Lynne in NI said...

Such a sweet card!
I've been looking for inspiration for a card for my sister's 40th birthday ... would you mind if I CASEd your card?