Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Taylored Expressions June Sneak Peek 2: SS Pineapple and On the Line - Beach Cutting Plate

HI Everyone!!

Welcome to the second day of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions! Today I am excited to peek today's card that I made using the Stamp Simply series - this is from the Stamped Simply - Pineapple stamp set. I love how with just a couple of inks you can create this 3-D looking pineapple! SO cool! I started by stamping the base of the pineapple in Lemon Meringue ink, then the second image in Candy Corn and lastly in Chocolate Truffle ink. I did the same for the leaves, starting by stamping the whole thing in Granny Smith Ink and then the last pineapple leaf image in Peapod ink. I die cut both of them out with the coordinating SS- Pineapple dies and then stamped the sentiment: "Don't worry, be happy" :) Love that!!

Here is a close up of my card - I used the Frame In Frame 2 dies to create the frame and the Metallic Neutrals Gold cardstock for the background (it gives a bit of a shimmer in real life to the card) I finished it off with some stitching and some ribbon

Card Ingredients:
Stamp set: Simply Stamped - Pineapples
Taylored Inks: Lemon Meringue, Candy Corn, Chocolate Truffle, Granny Smith, Peapod, Salt Water Taffy
Premium Cardstock: Candy Corn, Granny Smith, Salt Water Taffy and Sugar Cube
Taylored Dies: Simply Stamped Pinapples dies, Frame in Frame 2 dies, Skinny Mini Party Borders
Accessories: satin ribbon, white sharpie, corner rounder, best blue ever, foam dimensional

For my Second Project - I created a card from JUST DIES! I love that - I love stamping but sometimes its so fun to create a card from just dies :) I used the new On the Line - Beach Cutting Plate to create this card and I JUST love it!!! I started out by cutting all the different die elements and setting it aside. I then sponged the sky with the new inks from Taylored Expressions - the sky is made using: Lemon Meringue, Candy Corn, Cherry Pop inks). I also ripped some paper for the sand and did some sponging here and there to create dimension to the sand:

Here is a closer peek at the card - I love how the inks sponge into this sunshine. I also added some sparkle to the waves and cut the leaves from the coconut trees out twice to give more dimension. I finished with the Happy Summer Banner - just love this card so much :)

Card Ingredients:
Taylored Dies: On the Line - Beach Cutting Plate, Happy Summer Banner, Lakeside Border, Little Bits Adirondack Chair, Stitched Circle Stacklets
Taylored Inks: Cherry Pop, Candy Corn, Lemon Meringue , Peapod, Granny Smith
Premium Cardstock: Cherry Pop, Candy Corn, Pumpkin Spice, Lemon Meringue, Granny Smith, Peapod, Sugar Cube, Toffee, Cookie Monster and SaltWaterTaffy
Accessories: Foam dimensioanl, Best Glue Ever

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win a prize from the latest release!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Ciao for now,


Georgiana said...

Wow! Both are very summery. They look amazing!

Blue Kube said...

Wow! Love your cards. The pineapple is a beauty and the beach scene is fantastic...all that dimension!

Liz Davis said...

I always love your cards that creates a scene. Happy time

Margery C said...

I adore this summer card. So fun and beautiful and I love you used just dies. Fabulous work!