Friday, April 9, 2010

CSAYL#46 - O, Christmas Tree....


Happy Friday Everyone,

Are you doing a TGIF dance? Cause I definitely am!!! Today over at the Christmas Stamping All Year Long blog, we had the challenge to create a holiday card that has violet, ivory, white and gold in it! Just the combo of purple and gold together seems so royal and elegant! I realize that I don't use purple that often - but it felt so good to use it yesterday - its so deep and rich and lovely :)

I knew that I wanted to use the "O, Christmas Tree" stamp set from Verve stamps - which has so many lovely sentiments and images - I especially love this elegant wreath that Julee designed. I embossed it in gold and then cut it out with my nesties. I know I didn't exactly follow the color combo because I have some lighter purple in their too - but I felt I had to soften the dark purple somehow :) Here is the Merry Christmas card that I made from this color combo for the challenge today using the super sweet sketch by Janette Olson for this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #133:
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Prism cardstock
Inks: Grape Jelly from Memento
Accessories: EK sucess swirl punch, liquid pearls, spellbinders, gold EP, bling, twine and tag punch from Fiskars, corner rounder and dimensionals

I am so glad to be part of this group of crafters and its been so much fun to create a little holiday magic all year long! Check out the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog for more details of this challenge and to see all the yummy cards made for this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope your Friday gets sweeter by the minute!
Big hugs :)
Sankari :)

11 comments:

Marcia said...

Beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous!

Smita said...

Lovely card. And I also like this week's color choices in the Christmas Stamping All Year Long blog.. beautiful.

Tina said...

Sankari - Your card is amazing. Love the sketch too.

csayl sistah

tina
mommy scraps alot

inlovestamping said...

Great card this week! Love the sketch you used!

Patricia Chalas said...

Sankari you card is wonderful!!!

nice job this week!!

Vicki G said...

Beautiful!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Very Pretty!

Michelle said...

WOW what an amazing card!! It's so beautiful!

Jacqui said...

Very rich colours - very nice card. I like the different textures.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just stunning, Sankari! Thanks for playing Mojo! :)

Maria said...

Wow such a gorgeous and elegant card, Sankari! I love what you did with the colors! Beautiful job on the challenge!!

Maria