Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wish Box: Words of Wisdom stamp set from Verve

Hi Everyone!

One of my dear friends moved away recently and life has felt so different after her move - all the little things as just popping by to visit, or morning coffee cafe chats and just hanging out is suddenly no more and it makes me miss her presence and friendship acutely! For a recent birthday, my friend and I decided to  put together a care package and I decided to decorate a cigar box from Cosmo Cricket that I have been hoarding saving :) for a special occasion and thought that I would make a special box of wishes for her. 


I decorated the box with some delicious My Mind's Eye papers and used one of my most favorite Verve stamp set: Words of Wisdom - I seriously ADORE this stamp set - it is the most inspiring and encouraging stamp sets - and the font is just absolutely striking! I stamped the sentiment: Nothing is Impossible on the center and on the bottom - one of my most favorite sentiments: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"... 


The hole in the middle of the box, I replaced with a clear acetate strip that I embossed and then put the sentiment on top of it - I layered some liquid pearls around the box and added a flower to the bow and some punched out hearts that were glazed and had a bling added to one side at two areas of the box. This picture shows the box kind of opened to show the translucent center of the box:


I decorated the inside top of the box as well as the bottom with the same papers and created some tags with sentiments from this set:


Here is what the top of the inside of the box looks like - I stamped the sentiment: "You Matter" across in a strip and attached it over the frosted acetate (because there is a strip on both sides of the acetate, you can't see the glue between the sentiments). I added a border edge and some hearts and a velvet ribbon across the edge:

I decorated this box with two special tags with some of my favorite sentiments. My friend and I wrote special birthday wishes on the back of these tags before we sent our care package to our friend for her birthday. I love both of these sentiments: "Triumph over fear" and "speak the truth, even if your voice shakes"... so inspirational - and so from the heart. I mixed up the sentiments with a variety of shapes that I layered over the chipboard tag and added the velvet ribbon the the tag :


Project Ingredients:
Stamps: Word of Wisdom stamp set from Verve stamps
Papers: My Mind's Eye (assorted)
Inks: Memento Black, Chalk ink (Dark brown)
Accessories: cigar box from Cosmo Cricket, chipboard tags, cork sheet, jumbo eyelets, dimensionals, roses from prima, circle and die cut shape punches from EK success, spellbinders, velvet ribbon, heart punch from Martha Stewart, bling from stash, glaze, liquid pearls, acetate, embossing folder from Tim Holtz, red tacky tape, gray grosgrain ribbon, crop-a-dile, 


Each of the sentiments from the Words of Wisdom stamp set are simply spectacular.... so inspiring and so from the heart - Julee is simply an amazing designer! Please check out all the new Verve stamps here and all the VLV sketch challenges here with a chance to score some free Verve yumminess!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari

5 comments:

Unknown said...

this is stunning. absolutely beautiful...i can see why this is your fave verve set...it's powerful yet pretty too. :)

Sabrina said...

WOW! The detail in this project is mind blowing, and so amazing. Wonderful sentiments - will have to add to my wish list - and those tags!! This gift will be greatly loved and apreciated. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

Radha said...

love them all so vervie!! and Happy Together!!! God bless, I'm ready for some Verve-Bible sayings, for my house! Decor-mood!

Olena said...

WOW! This box is awesome! Love all the added embellishments, very beautiful! Olena

Davi said...

What a fabulous beautiful gift, love those sentimenys!! I know it is hard to have a special friend move away. Im sure she will treasure it as a constant reminder of yourself and the other friend ;)