Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Taylored Expressions December Sneak Peek

HI Everyone,

Welcome to the Taylored Expressions December Release Week Petite-A-Palooza which features stamp sets from all the TE illustrators! These little petite stamp sets are the perfect stocking stuffers and they will make the sweetest little present for all your crafty friends (or just for you ;)!! The BEST part of this release is that there are coordinating dies that will also be released with most of the stamp sets! That makes it soooo awesome to stamp and die cut all at once!!!

For today's projects - I am using two new petites: the stamp set: Splish Splash (illustrated by Emily Birder and come with 2 dies) and Sunny Days (illustrated by Nancy McKinney and comes with 4 coordinating dies) - both of which are the cutest stamp set!!!

For my Splish Splash Card, I created a little scene using the previously released Bird and Branch dies (set of 5 dies) and sponged some clouds with the Cloud Border Edge die and then cut it out with my circle Spellbinders. I cut out the cute birdies in the Splish Splash stamp set and paper pieced and colored the other with copics. I used the Miss Caroline (Dilly Dally) papers from MME for the paper piecing and for the card. I added some little hearts with some bling on one side and the sentiment: "you make my heart sing" on the other side:

Card Ingredients:PaperMiss Caroline (Dilly Dally) from My Mind's Eye and Snowwhite Cardstock
Stamps: Splish Spash from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black
Accessories: copics, Bird and Branches dies (set of 5), small heart punch (Fiskars), circle and scallop punch from SU, EK success border punch, liquid pearls, circle Spellbindders, Cloud Border Edge die and sponger, red ribbon grosgrain, bling and dimensionals



For my second project, I used the Sunny Days stamp set and created a project where I painted a box and created a mail holder for all our mail. 


BEFORE PICTURES:
I found a wooden box for a quarter at a garage sale last week and I couldn't wait to paint it and alter it a little. After I started painting, I remembered that I hadn't taken a before picture - so here are some before pictures of me painting the box: It started out as this lavender box with some painted flowers on the front - it seemed like the perfect mail holder size - so I got (for a quarter!! woohoo!!) and painted it a mixture of orange and red (I liked that the orange streaks kinda show up in the red at random). As you can see I am a Fly-By-The-Seat-of-My-Pants kinda painter - just right there on the floor with a grocery bag to catch the paint spills :)

After I painted the box, I added some papers from the Indie Chic Ginger papers from TE and then adhered a picture of my wee ones using the Label Stacklets 2 dies and then added the sweet sun using the Sunny Days stamp set and the cooridnating dies with the sentiment - you are my sunshine on the other side. I stamped the sun and then added another layer using the die that I layered the stamp sun over and then added a button with twine to the center. I also added a little string of hearts on one side and some liquid pearls around the edges. I covered the box with some ModPodge to protect the picture and the papers. Here are some pictures of box from different angles and a closer peek at the sun:



Here is a closer picture of the end project:

Project Ingredients:Wooden Box UpCycled
(Paint: small Acrylic paint bottles in red and orange)
Papers: Indie Chic Ginger (My Mind's Eye) 
Stamps: Sunny Days stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Dandelion and Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cloud border die, chunky glitter, buttons and twine from stash, liquid pearls, EK border punch, Mod Podge


I can't wait to see what all the lovely ladies have created!!! There will be inspiration everyday this week through Saturday and everything will be ready for purchase tomorrow!! Hop around with me and check out all the projects today:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll check out the rest of the blog along our hop for more inspiring holiday tag ideas!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs

Sankari :)



  


7 comments:

Kerri said...

Girl, you are so creative! I LOVE that darling bird card, and your mail holder is FABULOUS! What a great use of that set!

Cassie said...

Oh Sankari, I look forward to checking out your designs for each TE release! It's like the dessert at the end of a fabulous meal. Gorgeous creations, my friend :D

Debra Miller said...

Love the card Sankari and the project is awesome.

Renee said...

You are creative indeed! Love the cards!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Sankari! These are both soo Darling!! I love your Sweet little birdies!! tooo CUTE! Just can't help but smile! And I am Loving all the fabulous elements you put together too! Wow! And your mail holder is So Fabulous! Love the sun and clouds from Sunny Days and such an Adorable pic of your kiddos too! Love it!
8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Geraldine said...

love your projects, they are beautiful

Taylor said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a fun idea for your mail holder! I seriously need to come to your house someday! I'm sure it's filled up with all your beautiful creations!

Love the bird card too and how you put the birds on the branch!