Friday, May 10, 2013

Taylored Expressions May Spotlights: Mr. & Mrs. Cutting Plate


Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Taylored Expressions May Release Spotlight Hops where today we have a blog hop that features all the designers showcasing this awesome release!

For my project today I created a cardset with the absolutely gorgeous Mr. & Mrs. Cutting plate and some metallic cardstock. This cutting plate is amazing - seirously makes it so easy to create a set of cards. I decided to go monochromatic and pick cardstock that is gold, copper, vintage gold and use cream on white for my card set - here is look at the set that created:

Card Ingredients:  
Paper: Stardream Metallic Cardstock (Vintage Gold and Copper), Gold cardstock, Choice Buttercream cardstock, Choice Snow White cardstock  
Accessories: Bling, pearls, glaze 

I ran the cutting plate through my Big Shot and recommend using the Metal Shim that Taylor has in the store for making it easy to pop out all the delicate areas of the plate. I actually  cut out two in the same color and layered them ontop of each other before layering it on to the card back so that the card would have more texture and weight and dimension (hard to see in the picture) and then afterwards I added some bling or pearls in coordinating colors and a light glaze over the Mr. and Mrs. part of the card: 
 Here is the same card in creams and white with pearls of different sizes:


I used gold with some white bling for this card:
 And here is the vintage gold card with some pearls and rhinestones that I colored in with my copics:
This is a wonderful die for all the anniversaries, weddings or celebration of love moments that you want to celebrate :) and it makes it super easy to create a card that looks like it took a lot of time to make ;) Can't wait to see what the rest of the ladies have created today - please hop over and check them out with me!!

Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach
Jen Shults
Kerri Michaud
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

3 comments:

Debra Miller said...

Beautiful cards, love the new dies

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Each one of your cards is gorgeous, Sankari....sooo classy and elegant!!!

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME!Love your cards,this die is great!