Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Taylored Expressions October 2015 Sneak Peeks: Critters on Ice, Campy Christmas dies and Watercolor panels


Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the second day of the October Release from Taylored Expressions!! I love these new amazing holiday dies that will make your Christmas project making so much fun!!! Today I am so excited to show these cards that I made using all dies!!

The first card uses the super cute stamp set called Critters on Ice - these little animal cuties are adorable!! The only problem was that I didn't know which one to pick for my card because they are all so so so cute - so I thought I would create a card with a few of them in an ice-skating formation on top of each other!! LOL! I had so much fun creating this formation - I was cracking up when I placed the penguin on top - aw! so much fun!! I added some trees from the Build A Scene - Winter Trees and created the snowfall using the Snow Embossing Folder and finished the scene with the lake from the Build A Scene - Central Park dies:


Here is a close up of these cutie pies in their ice-skating formation: I stamped, colored them with copics and then cut them out with the Critters on Ice die set and then adhered them on top of each other with some foam tape:



For my second card, I wanted to create a card just with dies - I love stamping and coloring, but sometimes its just fun to do a little something different :) This super cute little tree is from the Campy Christmas die set and I cut it with two different colors (yellow/green) and then created this little tree that I set in an scene built with the Build A Scene - Rolling Hills dies and the Snow Embossing Folder and cut out with the Stitched Circle Stacklet dies. I also used the Picture Perfect - Horizontal die that automatically creates the sentiment: "Merry Christmas" with such a super cute stitched outline on the frame:


I created a frame that you can pop up by adding some foam dimensional tape and then added some faux stitching with the Irresistible Pico Embellisher (wedding cake). I finished it off with adding some stickles to the snow for a little winter sparkle:


There is a very special new product that Taylor has created that is absolutely awesome: Water Color Panels !! It is a set of 12 black and white illustrations for Christmas that is perfect for watercoloring!! I was so surprised at how wonderful the ink was when I was watercoloring - nothing smeared or bled! Each of these cards are 3" x 4" which is so perfect for cardmaking as well as making tags! I made two cards using these panels and can I just say that it was so much fun and therapuetic to watercolor!!



Here is a closer peek at the first card. I had so much fun getting my water colors out and coloring - there is such a freeing feeling in coloring - that everything doesn't have to be perfect but can colors can run and flow into each other. I used the Holly Embossing Folder for the green cardstock and added a little wreath from the Holiday Arbor Accessories dies. 




My last card has some snowflakes from the Make A Snowflake die set and was just light touched with some blue water colors and matted onto cardstock with some bling added to the centers - such a fun, simple and quick card to create!



I have loved making projects for today's sneak peeks! Please make sure to stop by the TE blog today for more info and to hop over to everyone's blog today to check out their works of art!


Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

Thanks so much for stopping by today - hop by tomorrow for more sneak peeks!!
hugs,
Sankari :)




6 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love your stacked skaters, too cute!

Susan said...

What a lot of work! Beautifully done!

Gramma Dee said...

Those stacked skaters are brilliant! Very cute!

Jean Bullock said...

Great job in the cards.

Jean Bullock said...

I meant on the cards, lol.

Tammy H said...

Awesome cards. The snowflakes are beautiful.