Thursday, February 18, 2016

Emboss Resist Technique with Taylored Expressions

Hi Everyone!

Today I made a card using a technique that I have seen many times before, but have never tried! I was so excited to try the Emboss Resist Technique and was amazed at how easy it was to create a card that has such a unique feel to it. I started by using the Wherever You Go stamp set - beautiful images of hummingbirds and flowers and stamped a scene in the middle and then embossed it with clear powder and then sponged colors around it - brighter reds in the middle and a mixture of blues on the edges. I just absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!!! Check it out here: 



After stamping in Versamark, using the heat gun and then inking the images with various colors, I die cut the image with the Stitched Square Stacklets and then layered it onto Granny Smith Cardstock and the Cookie Monster cardstock. I added some white Pico embellisher dots (Wedding Cake) and some clear dots (Shimmer) to the image panel, as well as some dots lining the card. I just love how this turned out! 

I loved learning this technique and hope you enjoyed this card - let me know if you try it - would love to see your creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What a great result, especially for your first try. It's one of my favourite techniques that I use a lot. I like how you added the scallops below your pretty technique part.

Unknown said...

So pretty Sankari!! Love the colors!