Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Party Across the Miles

 

Hi Everyone, 

It's a special day for a very special someone! Our very own dear Taylor of Taylored Expressions is celebrating her birthday today - and we joined in on a mini celebration for dear Taylor with a little birthday fun blog hop! 

Happy Birthday dear Taylor!

Jami asked us to join in to wish Taylor a fun birthday - and we all jumped in - so there are so many amazing wellwishers who are waiting to share their card and gift with Taylor today - if you came here from the incredibly talented and sweet Stephanie Kraft's page then you are in the right direction! Next on the stop after me is the awesome Rachel Sztonyk You can always start at the beginning by going to Jami's page.

Jami asked us to send Taylor a fantasy birthday present if money was not an issue - and it was so much fun to think o what that might be - and I so dearest Taylor - if money were not an issue - I would love to give you your dream room for the baby. I found these wonderful sites that had the cutest bedding and cribs! But as I started looking at pictures - I just saw so many amazing rooms and so many amazing ideas that it was hard to pick.

So here are my 3 Dream Room presents 
(I think that means that you have to have two more little girls ;)!!!! )

This first one is in honor of Beatrix Potter and bunny land - I adore the whimsy feel to it:



This nursery had me at cupcakes -Taylor - check out all that cupcake goodness!!! 
ACK!!! Cuteness overload!!!



And this last one is so adorable - I love the scalloped edged wall (HOW cute is that - its like a card!) and the pennants hanging down - soooo very sweet!!!



I simply adore you Taylor and have always been a huge fan since tbe very first time that I chanced upon your blog! Taylor's sketch challenges were always so much fun and then when she introduced a new line of stamps - I think I about swooned and fainted! I feel so very lucky to be part of the Design Team and to create along with so many amazing artists! Thank you so much Taylor for the opportunity! You are just da best!

I was so excited when I had a chance to first meet Taylor - and was so amazed at how short I felt :) Taylor and her husband and family are probably the warmest, sweetest kindest of souls and there is always laughter and fun around them - and that is what I wish for you dearest Taylor - a wish that everyday is filled with laughter and fun - and so much joy!!! 

For my card for Taylor - I wanted to create something that had a cupcake and something that had lots of layers and had fun colors :) I used the May Key Ingredients for creating this Happy Birthday card that I made using the cupcake from the  It's in the Bag stamp set and the sentiment and tag from the Labels of Love stamp set. 




My favorite part was the little green die cut frame and putting all the bling on the pennants and then adding dots and dots of liquid pearl yumminess!! And I love the sweet little cupcake - especially for Taylor:



And the fun doesn't stop here - there is an amazing long list of wonderful ladies who are celebrating and honoring dearest Taylor - so NEXT on the hop is the amazing and wonderful  Rachel Sztonyk who always delights with her gorgeous creations!!! If you happen to get lost in the hop - or want to start from the beginning - please check out Jami Sibley's page for all the birthday hop information!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
And happpppppy birthday dearest Taylor - 
I can't wait to give you the biggest hug next time I see you!

Both the kids and that DH of mine - send you the biggest happy birthday shout out we can!!
Hope you have a most wonderful birthday year and more to come!!
LOVEEE
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

This is stunning! Beautiful creation as always.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is AMAZING! What details! Love how you took inspiration from the photos too! Brilliant as always :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Sankari. Love the colors and all the blings. :o) Your presents are awesome! She could put one of each in her fantasy house (from Jami). :o)

Janine - Ellabella said...

Beautiful card ! I love the combo of papers you used and your sytle is amazing! Hugs Janine

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card, Sankari! Love the sweet banner, bling, and of course the yummy cupcake!

Arlene said...

This is beautiful. Love all the details and great color combination. :)

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

kksb said...

Your card is delightful! Your skill with paper is beautiful to see. Thanks so much for sharing talents.
PS-The cupcake is precious.

Taylor said...

Oh how adorable! Aren't there soooo many baby room styles to choose from!? I love all the ones you picked out and I can't wait for you to come see the actual baby room! :)

Thanks for making my birthday such a special day!

Shirley said...

Wow! The colors are so fun and rich at the same time. I really like your treatment of rhinestones too!