Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mojo Monday #200

Hi Everyone,


Julee has created an awesome sketch this week for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and I couldn't wait to play along! I can't believe that its been 200 sketches already! WOW!!! How time flies! Julee rocks sketches hard - and this one is no different - love the way the elements are placed in this sketch!

I scooted to my craft room and tried to figure out which papers I wanted to use - and was excited to use the sweet papers from Basic Grey and paired it up with the awesome stamp set: Words Cannot Express which seriously has all the best sentiments EVER! It has all the sentiments that you want to say when it is hard to find the right words.... this card is inspired by a friend of mine who is truly talented in every way and who always takes time to send some sunshine my way! She is truly the best!

I am not very good at the shabby chic distressed ripped look so I thought I would try and see what would happen - not quite sure if I achieved the look I had in my head - but I loved every single minute of making this card. I used a chipboard heart that I covered with DP and glittery and finished it off with some butterflies and heart pins in the ribbon and of course - I had to add just a wee bit of liquid pearls :)

I really loved making this card - and most of all I love the sentiment - soooooo beautiful - so perfect to express who thankful I am for her friendship!!

I am sorry that this blog post is so short - we are off on another roadtrip - but I will be back soon with some more creations.

Please check out all the creations over at the Mojo Monday blog and play along if you have a chance because there are some PRIZES up for grabs because this is the 200th sketch!!! YAY!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

So beautiful. Lovely distressing.

Unknown said...

This is such a stunning card. Your colors are wonderful.

Karrie Baker said...

Gorgeous card!!!