Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blast From the Past Blog Hop #13: Sending you Sunshine!

 Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be MIA - summer has been really a bit crazy with travel and being with family and friends and I haven't been to my craft room in awhile - but I was excited to go down there to create a card for the July Blast From the Past blog hop today - where the theme is Sending you Sunshine! This is such a fun way for all Taylored Expressions fans to hop along each month with previously released stamp sets!

You know me, I love sunshine (well, except when the heat index is 118 degrees... then I long for a cool fall day!) and I couldn't wait to play along! I used the sketch that I created for today's blog hop - and I have to apologize for those of you who might have used it - because it was a bit wild (sorry about that! ;) I had a hard time using my own sketch (lol!) but then as soon as I used the Splash 6x6 paper pack with the Hangin' Out at the Beach stamp set from Taylored Expressions - it all kinda of fell into place:


 Card Ingredients:
StampsHangin' Out at the Beach  at the Beach by Taylored Expressions
Cardstock: Bazzil and Taylored Expressions Choice Snowwhite cardstock
DP: Echo Park Splash 6x6
Accessories: American craft ribbon, button from BG, vellum from Bazzil, liquid pearls from Ranger (white), corner chomper, spellbinders and bling from Kaiser

I love the little bikini in this card - gosh - those bikini days are like distant memories right now :) - but it was fun to stamp one! For the circle element in the card - I made it by punching a piece of vellum out and then putting some dimensionals onto the bikini to pop it out a bit. I finished it by tying some ribbon and adding a coordinating button in the middle and also threw in some liquid pearls :)

I can't wait to see what all the fun girls have created with this awesome summer themed blog hop! Please check them out and hop on over to Taylor's Blog for more details as to how you can be part of the next hop!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


11 comments:

Natalie said...

Fun card and sketch!! Love all the details. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

Jules said...

Very cute - love all that bling!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely FABULOUS. love this and all the details.

Michelle VP said...

Fun use of paper for all those layers! Love the liquid pearl accents too. :)

Jodi Collins said...

This TOTALLY makes me smile girlie! LOVE!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Definitely an awesome summer card!!! Gorgeous colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Sankari. Love the image, the summer colors... the liquied pearl is just perfect as usual. Enjoy your summer!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I love this stamp set! Such an adorable polka dotted swimsuit :)
and awesome sketch! Thanks!

Jenn said...

Cute card! I loved the bikini and the vellum behind it- what a creative idea I'll have to remember!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun bikini!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Adorable card! I just love the colors and the bling!

Chris L.