September Birthday Bash and Release
- At Taylored Expressions we are celebrating our 3rd Birthday and you are invited to our Birthday Bash!
- Sneak peeks Monday through Wednesday - lots of fun eye candy and inspiration!
- All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, September 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Every order placed Thursday - Monday will include a FREE Party Favor. Details coming Thursday morning..
- To celebrate our 3rd Birthday, you have 3 WAYS TO WIN!
1. Help Spread the Word! Grab our Birthday Badge from Taylor's blog and post it on your blog for the week. Then come back and leave a comment with a link to your blog to let us know you're spreading the word. You will be entered into a drawing for a $25 TE gift certificate.
2. Join us on Facebook for an early reveal of all the new stamp sets Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST. You will have until 8 pm PST that night to comment to enter to win each new set.
3. Join us in our SCS Forum for a contest that will begin Thursday morning. In the meantime you can see Baker's Dozen sneak peeks there and chat with us!
Are you ready to get your "boo" on?! Well, today for Day 2 of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions - get ready to see lots of treats from all of the Halloween stamps, dies and Project Pantry kits! On Thursday, Taylor will be releasing 2 full sized awesome stamp sets: Toil and Trouble and Fangtastic (both so cute!) and also will be releasing the Spooky Impression Plate and Spooky Fence Border die and the Spooky Project Pantry Kit
Taylor is doing something a little different this month with the Project Pantry. As you know, the idea behind the Project Pantry is that when you want to bake up a yummy dessert you head to your pantry for the ingredients. When you want to create a sweet papercrafting project, you can head to our Project Pantry for all the coordinating elements. We've found that some of the best cake and cookie recipes are the ones based around a basic batter or dough recipe with lots of options to spice it up according to your tastes. This month we are offering our Basic Recipe Kit along with optional Spice It Up Ingredients that you can pick and choose from to build the kit just the way you want it.
The Spooky Project Pantry Basic Recipe Kit is $11.95 and includes:
Echo Park Apothecary Emporium 6x6 pad
10 sheets of 8.5" x 11" cardstock in coordinating colors
6 yards of ribbon (2 yards each of 3 different styles)
Optional Spice it Up Ingredients (choose any or all) are:
Black Sparkly Fluff
Black/White Enamel Accents
Halloween Button Assortment
Spooky Cardstock Pack
Spooky Ribbon Bundle
When you go to the Spooky Project Pantry in the store you will see the optional items linked under the Basic Recipe kit, so you can pick and choose what you'd like to add to your cart. We know you'll have fun customizing your kit!
I love the trees in this stamp set - they are so "dark night" scary looking and I wanted to create a spooky feel and so I sponged some clouds using a couple of different inks and used the Clouds Border die as a template. And then stamped the trees in a row using some Dark Brown Fluid Chalk ink. I tore black cardstock black to create the hills on and then used the Spooky Fence Border to die cut a spooky fence from one of the DP. I finished it off by stamping some bats in the sky and using the sentiment: "Have a Fangtastic Halloween" (isn't that a fun Halloween sentiment!)
The second card that I made was using the super cute house in this stamp set - I love the fun feel of this house and used the DP papers for the background and also for paper piecing the roof (I crimped the DP to create a rolling roof). Can't wait to make more with this super cute house!
For my last project with this stamp set, I wanted to make a banner for our front door to get into the Halloween Trick or Treatin' spirit. When we were at CHA this summer, I was having a conversation with my girl Eva about how cute these Shopping Bag and Labels die set are - and how cute it would be to create a banner from them! So I thought I would try to
I alternated cutting the bag with orange and black paper and then cut a little hole on either side to create a way to weave the ribbon through and had so much fun embellishing the bags with all the fun sentiments and images from the Fangtastic stamp set. I tied the banner onto two magnets that I embellished and finished off with putting a little witch and vampire trick or treater on the magnets and then stuck it to the door:
Here are some angles of the door banner - can I just say HOW much I love this stamp set and all the dies that made this project so fun and easy!
Here is a close up of the bags - I love love LOVE all these sentiments, fonts and pumpkins:
Please check out all the amazing projects with these spookilicious projects!!!
And please stop by tomorrow for some more birthday release peeks!!