Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - #15 - Casablanca

Good Saturday Morning Everyone,

Every saturday, we pick a movie from which to draw inspiration from in creating a card, layout, altered project, etc. This Saturday, our Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog is featuring the movie Casablanca! We changed it up a little this week and included a color challenge: that has a black and white tones with one other color of your choice! Link your project to THIS post by 9pm PST on January 22 to be entered - and the card/project that is chosen - will be featured on PaperCraftPlanet!!! So come on and give it a whirl!


I have to admit that this is a movie that I hadn't seen before - it has always been on my list (that's why I love doing these challenges - because I get to watch some wonderful movies that I hadn't seen yet!). Well, I watched this movie - this week - and just loved it - Ingrid Bergman - is just so very lovely to watch. I can't believe that it was released 67 years ago!!! WOW! What surprised me in watching it was that the famous line: We will always have Paris -- came from this movie!! Wow! I didn't know that - so when I was watching the movie and I heard that line - I knew right then that I wanted to make acard withat that theme on it. I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch #69 for this card.

I absolutely loved watching this movie and my most favorite thing was to call my dad who loves this movie and talk about it with him. Its always fun to see the movie through the eyes of my parents and what certain scenes mean to them. I will always watch Casablanca from now on with this conversation with my dad in my head.


For this card - I knew I wanted to do something soft and black and white with something about Paris. I was inspried by Kathie Bailey's beautiful Bonjour card for the last Mojo Monday and loved the color scheme that she used - it was so romantic - thank you Kathie :) I love watching a black and white movie - colorizing it somehow takes away something so special about that movie... I really enjoyed making a black and whtie card - and picked a pink tones for the "one other color accent"


Did you know that Casablanca is a 3 time Oscar winning movie (including Oscar for Best Picture) and was released in 1942 and has since then become an iconoic classic. It has been rated as the # 1 most romantic American movie by the American Film Institute!!! It was also rated to have the #1 most romantic kiss between Ingrid Bergman and Humprey Bogart! Well - that's alot of romance wrapped into one movie! If you are inspired to make a romantic black and white card (with one other color) then come on over and play with us! You never know - your card could be chosen to be featured on PaperCraftPlanet!

I hope you all stop by the Cinema Saturday Blog !! Just link up your black and white love creation to use by next thrusday 9pm PST and post it on the comment section here.

Thanks so much for visiting me - make sure to also go and visit Brooke!!!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)


Materials Used:

Paper: Grey - Paper Company, Burgandy and roseish red - I am not sure about. The black is from my stash and all patteren paper is Basic Grey
Accessories: Created image and sentiment in Photoshop, scalloped circle is from a Martha Mini pucnh, Circle cutter by CM for the Eiffel circle, small CM punches for the smaller circles. heart punch for the hearts from MS., the ribbon (not sure from where --- but its being horded :), Bling from,
Movie watch: Casablanca of course! and 30 Rock :)

28 comments:

Ann said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the pink accent with the b&w--just gorgeous! And those black flowers across the card, and the hearts across the bottom--totally awesome! You rock!

KeeponScrappin said...

Hi Sankari! Very beautiful card. I ♥ the colors. I hope to go to Paris someday.

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful card Sankari! Love the paper and ~dies~ omg that trim!

scubasubie said...

Wow love the detail! Beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

Love this!!! Can you believe I have never seen this movie!!! Might have to see if Netflix has it on play it now!

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow Sankari....WOW! This has to be my favorite card of all! That ribbon is so yummy I would have hoarded it too! :) I love all the bling and the dimension to the hearts!

So, since you spilled that your a CM girl, I want to see some of your pages! I can only imagine what your books look like...you are so very, very talented!

Olena said...

Very nice card! Love it!

Olena said...

Very nice card!!! Love it!

gale said...

Gorgeous! I love your dimensional hearts too.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

What an amazing card and such a great interpretation of the movie! It's just gorgeous!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful card...I love the idea behind this challenge!

wendyp said...

Wow!!! Another stunning card! Love the way you created the hearts! I'm going to have to give that a try soon. And that ribbon....YUM! I would definitely be hoarding that too, lol!

thescrapmaster said...

LOVE IT! It is just so romantic and beautiful.

Great card! I love the snowflakes!

Please look at our updated blogger group list at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12771557&postcount=416
be sure to update your links list accordingly. Thanks a bunch!

~Samantha

Anonymous said...

Hello Hero:) (what a lovely name you have)
All I can say is WOW! Your card is amazing!

Eleonora from Finland

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love the ribbon accent and the detail of the hearts.

WOW!
Jen

Naomi said...

Wow, I am speechless. Your attention to detail amazes me. Love the hearts along the bottom edge, the flowers, oh wow. This is beautiful.

Louise F NZ said...

This is beautiful, you are such an inspriration.

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous card! I love the black ribbon you used. Those hearts are adorable. And I think the black and white color scheme very appropriate for the movie!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! I have something for you on my blog!! Hope you are well...
-t

Anthonette said...

Hi Sankari, gorgeous job!!! I love how you used Photoshop. I'm shocked you had never seen this movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Tanya said...

Ooo Very pretty card! Havne't seen this movie yet, but I did have a thought for it...actually teh same idea I didn't use for Affair To Remember. LOL! Hopefulyl I'll get around to using it!

Rachel Brumley said...

This card is awesome! I love the colors and all the gorgeous details!

I've nominated your for the Lovely Blog Award. Please check out all the details at http://inspirationsbyrachelb.com

Regan said...

woweeeeeeee
this is stunning!!

Heather said...

WOW Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors you chose! Great detail!

CathyRose said...

This is gorgeous! I love the elegant color combo and all the wonderful details!

Sherri said...

How absolutely exquisite!! So so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rihani said...

Hi Sankari
Your cards are simply stunning and very creative!!

Rihani

Sam said...

Fabulous card Sankari. It screams Parisienne elegance and chic!

Hugs,
Sam.