Thursday, June 6, 2013

Taylored Expressions June Release Day: Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate


Hi Everyone!


Its Release Day at Taylored Expressions today! Woohooo!! And for the release day festivities I made a cardset using the brand new awesome Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate from Taylored Expressions! I can't resist anything that has sunshine in it - as soon as I see anything sunshiney - it just makes my heart happy! And this plate can be used in so many ways and its a super easy way of creating multiple cards! Using the sentiments from the Rose Bouquet stamp set, here is a set of 4 cards that I came up using this Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate: 



It was so much fun to make this card set - for the center of the cards, I tried to create a little sun using the Pinking Shears die and then cut circles out with my circle punches - here is another view:


And an aerial view of the cards - I really had fun adding some bling to the cards - on some of the cards I added bling around the center in a circle and for others, I just randomly added bling around the rays - Love the different blingy looks!

Card Ingredients Card Set
Stamps: Rose Bouquet stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper: May Key Ingredients Kit 2013 using the Echo Park Sweet Girl DP and Blue and Gold card stock from Bazzill
Inks: Memento Love Letter
Accessories: Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate,
Pinking Shears die ,Bling, Best Glue Ever,


I thought I would write down the directions on how easy it is to create two cards really quickly!

  1. Take the  Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate and run it through your die cut machine with one sheet of DP and one sheet of cardstock
  2. Use the same color cardstock to create the rays for the border or you can use a different color cardstock to create more of a standout look
  3. Arrange the DP in both cards - it will automatically alternate the design and then in the remaining gaps, you can arrange the solid cardstock in between the DP
  4. Add a strip of ribbon across the center of the card (can also add a ribbon tab at the top of the card - or on the side of the card)
  5. Create a centerpiece for the card using the Pinking Shears die  and then layering it up with some circle punches and can add a sentiment to the center
  6. Decorate with some bling in a random pattern or around the center circle 
 Here are two pairs of cards that I made with this technique above:
I love these fun cards and also added a little sponging to each layer before adhering them to the ray. Here is a look at each of the cards in this set - love these sentiments from the Rose Bouquet set:



 I loved making this card set - and I can't wait to make more! There are so many possibilities and ways to create fun cards with this awesome cutting plate!!! I can't wait to see what everyone has created today! Please hop and check them out with me and
Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach

Jami Sibley
Jen Shults
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud

Nancy McKinney
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please hop by tomorrow for a fun spotlight blog hop!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

5 comments:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

MARVELOUS! BEAUTIFUL! FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card set, Sankari! Love the added bling on the sunrays!

Jami said...

I KNEW you would love that cutting plate!!! Awesome set of cards!!! They have YOu written all over them!

Unknown said...

Likin these rays of sunlight!!! Thanks

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh so happy and ADORABLE, Sankari!!