Thursday, January 9, 2014

Taylored Expressions January Release Day: My Punny Valentine and Love Makes the World Go Round

Hi Everyone!

Today is release day at Taylored Expressions - WOOHOO!!! This is such an amazing release with so many awesome new dies and stamps! For today's release I have two projects to share - the first one uses the new stamp set called Punny Valentines - which is perfect to use create treats and favors to give as class room treats or favors for all your sweet Valentines!

I created a little popcorn treat set using this sweet stamp set - complete with little tags using the new Tag Stacklets 2 for little popcorn treatlets :) 



I LOVE making popcorn at home - its one of our favorite treats! I have a popcorn maker - but I prefer making popcorn the old-fashioned way - on a stove and then slathering adding a little bit of butter! I stamped the popcorn image and popped it up on the tag and then stamped the sentiment: "You make my heart pop" underneath the image and then added a large eyelet to string the ribbon through for the popcorn treat :)



Here is a closer peek at the tags - I colored them with copics and then added some oragne and yellow stickles to the popcorn or a little extra shine!



Here are the popcorn tags adhered to the popcorn treats - I also enjoyed making this project immensely because I was eating popcorn the whole time making it :) YUM!



Here is a pic of just the corn - so much fun to create this - I added the heart from the Square Block Cutting Plate and then covered it with some glitter and white gel pen :



Here is a close up the card - I loved loved loveddddd (did I say loved?!) making this card! Especially covering the popcorn in glitter :)



Card Ingredients:
Stamps: My Punny Valentine by Sankari Wegman
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Ladybug Red
Paper: Simple Stories DP and Bazzil Red Cardstock with Choice White Cardstock to stamp images on
Accessories: Circle Nesties, HEart from Square Block Cutting Plate die from TE, Tag Stacklets 2 from TE, copics, stickles, dimensionals, bling, EK success border die, corner chomper and white gel pen

For my second project, I created a fun little card using the new stamp set: Love Makes the World Go Round and in honor of the name of the stamp set of making the world go round - I decided to make a round card - so fun and quick and easy - just stamp color and ribbonize!


I added some liquid pearls to the circular edges and then layered it over some nesties and then edged it with some stickles on the inside :)

Here is a close up of the inside - with the stamped sentiment - "Love Makes the World Go Round" and then glittered one of the hearts from the Square Block Cutting Plate and added it to the side:


CardIngredients:

Stamps: Love Makes the World Go Round from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Bazzill cardstock and GraphDP
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics
Accessories: Sponger, Cloud Edger Die from TE, Circle Nesties, ribbon, dimensionals and liquid pearls/stickles


I can't wait to see what the talented DT has created for today's release day hop - please hop along with me and check them out here:


Thanks so much for stopping by this week! Hasn't this release been so much fun - there are a ton of new goodies at the TE store for your crafty pleasure - and the best part is going to the store while in your PJ's in bed! LOL!

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Cynthia Clark said...

Very cute! I'm with you, I like my popcorn on the stove also.

Chris said...

Hi Sankari, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/