Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge #26 - Happy Birthday!!!



Good Morning Everyone,

How are you all this Thursday? Can you believe that we are halfway through October? Because I cannot quite grasp that - the weather here is starting to get colder and there is a forecast for the possibility of snow this weekend! Whaaat?!?!! Definitely not ready for that - I still haven't put the kids summer clothes away - what can I say - I am a little in denial that summer is over.... (sigh)

But what a better way to get out of the gloom of the approaching winter, than to make a card?? LOL!! Look at this fun set of colors that Kristina Werner came up with for her color inspiration.  I love these bright fun colors together - especially because it was raining all yesterday - and this was a bright and sunny palette. 

It reminded me of spring and so I went the flower route and came up with this Happy Birthday card. 
The punched out flowers are adhered to the punched out squares with a brad and then the leaves were cut out free hand and adhered to the flower base. The ribbons were stacked on top of each other - and the bow was made separately and attached with a glue dot. 
It is hard to see the "Happy Birthday" sentiment because of the sunlight hitting the card - sorry about that... Well, I am off to work on my lecture for today - hope all of you are enjoying your Thursday and hope you get moments to relax and enjoy the beauty of the day :)

Come back on Saturday and play with us at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge this Saturday! - you check the details HERE!!

Thanks for coming over for a visit,
Best wishes,
Sankari

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: sentiment from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Martha Baby Blue
Paper: Scrapile (yay!!! the more paper I can use from my scrap pile - the more paper I can buy!
Ribbon: offray
Accessories: Creative Memories Square punch, Martha mini Scallop punch, brads from Making Memories, paper piercer, corner rounder
Movies watched: Pride and Prejudice (1995 BBC version on Youtube - thanks Anthonette for the tip - I am totally in heaven now!!!


26 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the card! Nice, simple, elegant.

Love, Keith

Sankari W. said...

Thanks Keith - you are the best!
Love you,
S.

(Keith is my dearest husband - who is so patient and supportive with my card creating addiction :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice unique card. The flowers are adorable.

Catherine said...

aaawww, how sweet that your husband commented on your blog post :) he's a keeper, Sankari :)

by the way, i love this card, let's see what i can come up with this color combo

Dori Shelton said...

So Unique! I love it!

Kadee said...

So Cute!

Becky said...

Your card is so great! Different! I love how you created the flowers!

Carol Dunstan said...

beautiful!

Kathie Bailey said...

Love your interpretation of this week's challenge. These flowers are just the cutest!

Deanna said...

Super cute! I love these little flowers, I may have to try this technique!

Regan said...

So pretty- this card is great

Anonymous said...

Look at this card Missy! Very very very NICE I love it, and may have to try it myself....talk about a tutorial! LOL :) hugs ~Donna

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Lovely card. That ribbon is so clean love it.

For Keith: Cards & Scrapbooking Hubbies are the BEST! Thanks for putting up with the addiction.

Scrubbie

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! I love this sooooo much!

Savitri said...

This is just gorgeous!! Wow! Really really unique! BEAUTIFUL!

yvonne said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love this card the colors, the textures and the layering. I love how you creased the circles and made them look more like flowers. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Anonymous said...

This card is wonderful, colorful and fun. I love what you did with the circles and squares. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Sherri said...

That is super adorable!! Love how you do those flowers!

(Also - I'm tickled your hubby commented too!! :))

Louise F NZ said...

Lovely, cute flowers. i have that movie on DVD, love the lake scene, so lush.

Jean McKenzie said...

Love the way you have made your flowers - the whole card is gorgeous - very pretty and I love the layout! Beautiful!!

thescrapmaster said...

Hi Sankari! Welcome to the SCS group. This card is amazing, those flowers are really cute!

~Samantha

Brooke S said...

Hey Keith how sweet that you were the first to comment...

Hey my little "A" (he,he)
I totally love your card.... I did flowers as well. 3 as a matter of fast.. Not nearly as beautiful as yours though.. "You totally ROCK" to quote your self.. I can't wait for tomorrow for Ms. A to make her debut. How was Uma's make over did Keith and "J" Love it? Talk to you soon.
Hugs
Brooke

naomi said...

cute flowers!

zukesgirl said...

That is SO fun! LOVE it!

Traveling Mama said...

Love your flowers! Too cute!