Thursday, July 9, 2009

For my friend Kristen and her beautiful family :)


Happy Thursday Everyone :)

First of All - I canNOT even begin to express my gratitude to all of YOU!!!  Thank YOU - the hugest thank you that I can say - to all of you who left comments on my blog during the 2Sketches4You card showdown - I can't even express - HOW grateful and thankful I am for all of your lovely beautiful comments! I am still in shock to have won!! I can't believe it and have had to pinch myself a few times this week!!! It was such an amazing journey and I am so grateful for everyone's congratulatory wishes and a big huge thank you to Kazan and Laura. all the judges - all my fellow participants and all of you! Thank you from the depths of my heart!!!

I am sorry to be quiet on the blog front - we had to deal with some family issues and along with that - i also burned part of my finger (right hand ) so was unable to craft or even type till a day ago - thankfully everything is better now and my finger is doing better - but the side and pad of my finger are still painfully blistery - but luckily it was only that and not more... Last night I was psyched to finally sit down and craft a little bit finally! I made some layouts and card for my lovely friend Kristen who is visiting Iowa from Seattle. 

These layouts and card was made for Kristen (isn't she beautiful!). Kristen asked me if I could help her make something for her husband Matt for his birthday and also something for her grandfather's birthday (he is turing 85!!) - and I was totally psyched to help! She and Matt are one of my fave couples and have the cutest little girls ever - adorable!!! She has a wonderful blog where she chronicles their adventures  (all of these pictures are from her - except the bottom right one which I took last week when they were visiting Iowa :) and then created a little 8 x 8 layout using the March Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions.

 I used the colors from the Color Throwdown this week for this layout. I love the colors that these lovely ladies throwdown and have missed playing along in their challenges :) I also used the stamp set: Love is Sweet from Taylored Expressions to detail the leaves and used American Craft Thickers for the sentiment: 4 Ever. The best part of this? was seeing Matt and Kristen hold it and say that they liked it :) I love the picture of M and K from their wedding and the other picture of them was taken by their little daughter!! So Cute! I love the pic of Matt holding his girls - look how cute his littlest daughter's expression is - SO cute!!

Here are some close up shots:

Here is a closer shot of the happy pics:


Layout Details:
Paper: March Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions 
Accessories: Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart, bling from K&Company along with embroidery thread and pattern, buttons from Hall Pass Bag o Buttons from Taylored Expressions


This second layout is a 6 x 6 that I made for Kristen to give to her grandfather for his birthday -  where he can see his granddaughter and great grandaughters  - these were made using Jen's sketch from Paper Craft Planet and using the Easter Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. I ADORE this picture of Kristen and her beautiful girls - they are truly the sweetest!


Layout Details:
Paper: Easter Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Butterfly stamp from Martha Stewart, bling from K&Company, threading punch, circle cutters from CM, American Thickers letters

And lastly - here is a card that I made for Kristen's grandfather's 85th birthday (the colors for his birthday party are navy blue, cream and gold) - so I used those colors for the card and followed Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday sketch (which is being guest hosted this week by my darlin' Sarah Jane Keller :) yay SJK!). Initially the card was kinda close to the sketch but then I don't know what happened :)  probably because - I have to say that it is beyond hard to make a man card - I am not a man card kinda girl - it seriously always ends up swirly whiry girly - but Kristen liked it and so I was psyched :)

Card Details: 
Paper: Paper Company 
Stamps: Celebrate is from Taylored Expressions and the happy birthday is from stash and 85 is from the American Craft Thickers
Accessories: ribbon - K and Company, star and circle from CM 

I had such a fun visit with Kristen  - she is truly an angel and it was so much fun to make these personalized gifts for her - somehow that is when craft making becomes so special and fun - when you know who you are making it for and to see them hold it and love it makes the journey complete :)

Here is a picture of my two little children playing with Kristen's little ones - I absolutely love this picture - it feels so very summertime-ish  :


Hope you are all enjoying your summer moments! I am trying to savor it because it is flying by quick!

Thank you all for visiting my little corner - you make the sun shine!

Sunshiney smiles and hugs!
Sankari :)

24 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, Sankari, sorry to hear you're injured! :( BUT these projects turned out beautifully!!!!

cnelson said...

gorgeous work! so sorry to hear about your finger...i hope it is feeling better...i've missed seeing your creations and love those that you have done now!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari.... once again... GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS. THese really are fantastic. I'm so sorry to hear you've had a rough week and a very SORE finger... hope you're all better and back to crafting and typing soon.

Hugs from Aus.

SJK
xx

Brooke S said...

How sweet.. What a dear friend you are..
Hugs
Brooke

Leonie said...

Your picture made me feel all warm and fuzzy, we are in the midst of our winter here, very cold! brrrrr! Your creations are so stunning, all of them, you are on clever crafter!

gale said...

Sorry about your injury. :( The projects posted are so cute but that pic is the most adorable of all!! I can never get cool candids like that!

Norine said...

hope you feel better soon
love your LO
Hugs
Norine

Donna Baker said...

I just left you some congratulatory love on your FB entry! I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO WIN!!

Karen said...

Ouch! Hope your finger continues to get better...fast! :> You've some really creative layouts and card here. Love all the details of the first one...stitching, button buds on the leaf ribbon, and great colors too! The kidlets picture is wonderful! :>

Regina Easter said...

oh my first time vistor...wow wow wow wow....aren't laura and kazan the best....love all your work...hugs...

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Sankari! congratulations on winning the 2Sketches4You card showdown! Well, I'm not surprised. . .your work is the most prettiest I've seen in blogland. You are extremely talented and your work is so filled with beautiful colors and details. Your work is amazing!!!

I'm sorry about the family issues and your burnt finger. Ouch. Glad to hear your finger is better.

Wow, I love your layouts and the pretty pictures. You did a beautiful job and your friend Kristen must have been thrilled to see your work of art! How nice of you to make a card and layout for her!! You're one of the sweetest person I know. Again, congratulations on winning!!! You get a nice prize too. . what a bonus!

Maria

wendyp said...

ouch! Hope you're finger is feeling better soon! Beautiful projects!!!

Martha said...

Sorry to hear about your injury, hope it is better now...
Your LO's and card are beautiful!!
You make such beautiful things :) And the photograph of the children is great!
Have a nice weekend!
Martha

LeAnne said...

Sankari, these projects are just wonderful---thanks so much for using our colors and sharing them! I hope your finger is well on the way to recovery--but I know nothing will stand in the way of you and your crafting!!! LOL!
LeAnne
PS: Your friend and her family are beautiful==just like you & yours!

Tlbran said...

Great projects! I love the border you made for the 1st page! Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you are better soon.

April said...

Sankari, those projects are gorgeous. The family photos are awesome and the card is perfect. Sorry to hear you had such a rough week. You were definitely missed. Hope all is better in your corner of the world...

Nancy L. said...

Wow, everything on this post is amazingly beautiful!! Everything!!

Broni said...

Your layouts and card are gorgeous, Sankari! And I love the photo of all the little ones! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown...the layout using these colors is wonderful!!

Karen Giron said...

Wow, Sankari! I love, LOVE your scrapbook pages - might have to case those (along with all of your other ones, haha!)
Love the card for the sketch too - you did great with a masculine card - he'll love it! Hope your finger is feeling better soon!

Barbara said...

Love your layouts and wonderful pictures. Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

KL said...

wow. Thanks for all the lovely lovely cards...my g-parents LOVED the ones that went to them, my mom really adored the little elephants (you have to show those on here too! they were so cute-I'd actually love to "order" some more ellies from you if possible some day) and the one for our anniversary is so special and dear to hubby and I. Thank you again and again. Love to you and the little ones! great to see you! xoxo

KL said...

wow. Thanks for all the lovely lovely cards...my g-parents LOVED the ones that went to them, my mom really adored the little elephants (you have to show those on here too! they are so cute. I'd actually love to "order" some more ellies from you if possible some day) and the one for our anniversary is so special and dear to hubby and I. Thank you again and again. Love to you and the little ones! great to see you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you got hurt. YOu did an awesome job on all of these projects. I love the scrapbook page of your friens with their children. So pretty.

Savitri said...

Obviously I haven't been visiting here as often (I'd love to write more too but only have one hand --- the other's busy holding Miss Jove) and wowser, lots of lovlies AND two scrap pages!! Love them! More!!!!