Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Let It Snow in July!

Good Morning Everyone,

We are back home! YAY! It was nice to go on vacay - and its nice to be back home :) I took some craft/card stuff when I was away - but just couldn't craft everyday like I wanted - so for the last week - I just packed it away and enjoyed my time with family, friends and the great outdoors :)  So finally after getting home last night - I couln't wait to get crafting but my mojo had taken a canoe ride south - so I went to Julee's awesome Mojo Monday Sketch #97 and made a card for the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog - where the hostess this week was me (and I didn't even have a card made for my own challenge in time (hanging my head down in shame!) but better late then never?!) And the challenge this week was to make a card with snowmen/man/people :)

 I love snowmen images - they are just so fun and one of my FAVE snowmen images is this little cupcake snowmen from the Home Sweet Home set from Taylored Expressions (the sentiment "Let it Snow" is also from the same set)- I just think he is totally a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! I am trying to make at least two cards per Christmas Challenge and in that way its kinda nice to have a number of holiday cards around and not have to crank out a ton at the last minute. Maria who is the inspiration behind this Christmas blog is also going to be issuing a multiple card challenge on Thursdays - which is a great way to make a multiple number of cards in one shot (so watch out for this blog on Thursdays!!!)



Here is an individual shot of one of the snowmen cards: 

Card Details:
Ink: Staz-On Black
Acessories: Bling, snowmen punch from Martha Stewart, brads from Making Memories, Dimensionals, liquid pearls, frosted lace stickles, snowmen was paper pieced from scraps

Well, it was fun to come home and make a card - and now I am swamped with laundry, catching up with emails, grocery shopping and getting back in the work routine...

Hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the summer! And if you need a way to cool down - join us and make a snowman card! Check out all the beautiful cards from my fellow teamates from this week's snowman challenge!!!

Can't wait to visit your blogs - a big thanks for visiting my little corner!
Big hugs to all!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, and welcome back.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!!! tfs!!

Ann said...

Ohhhh, TOO cute! I love snowmen, and this little guy is quite a cutie pie!

Justine said...

Super cute, love the little snowman

Naomi said...

These are great. I have never seen these little cupcake snowmen, and they are precious! Love the sparkly swirl in the bottom corner! You'll be ready to go when Christmas rolls around! Glad you enjoyed your vaca, and I am excited to see what you make now that you are home!

thescrapmaster said...

Super cute!!! I love the snow!

savvy teaching tips said...

Yet another fabulous card from you.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeous.. More Sunny Sankari Gorgeousness.

xx SJK

The Mama Monkey said...

I love them! Great colors to choose, as well. Welcome Home!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very cute, Shawnie! Love your work!

Ida said...

Happy to hear you had a good time on your vacation.

What a fun card. I like the way you rounded just the one corner and highlighted it. - Great colors and fun snowman image.

Radha said...

Love it and welcome back!!!!!

Anonymous said...

so cute Sankari he looks like a cupcake snowman! Love him!

CathyRose said...

Sooo cute! As always, so original too!