Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quick and Easy card for any Occasion

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you have been having a wonderful week!!!

Why is it that when I make cards, I still sometimes don't have a card on hand when I need it??? Sometimes the sentiments on the cards I have isn't exactly right, or the occasion isn't quite right and I realized that I haven't made that many blank cards that could be multi-purpose kind of cards. So I thought it would be fun to play around with some images/layout that would be simple and easy to create 8 blank cards that could be used for any occasion. I decided on the super sweet image of this lovely flower vase from the Wood Stamper 2" with 15pt Font& Center stamp set and paired it up with the borders from the Just A Little Caffeine Borders and Centers. I think this is one of my favorite things about the JustRite Stamps - that you can mix around borders for the stamp set or create your own bordered text for your stamp.I inked up the vase image in Tuxedo Black from Memento Inks first and then inked up the border separately in Cottage Ivy before combining the two in one stamper. I love the clean precise stamped image it gives everytime (you could also add a personalized message, monogram on the border using the font type). I wanted a bright and cheery card so I paired up some Cosmo Cricket paper with some yellow Bazzil paper and colored the flowers with bright colors with some copics and adorned them with bling :)
Since I wanted to be able to repeat this layout easily, I chose a 12x12 sheet of paper from CC which has patterns on front and back - so that that I could cut one sheet in quarters and create 4 cards from one sheet of cardstock. After stamping the image, I cut it out with my Spellbinders (and I absolutely LOVE the fact that JustRite stamps coordinates their images with the different Spellbinders sizes so you can easily cut out a circle with your circle dies because they match exactly!!! Gotta LOVE that!!!

I added two layers of scalloped edges and then a quick little ribbon! This card took only 15 minutes to create - and I LOVE the fact that it is simple and with limited papers and the fact that the JustRite images can be easily paired with the Spellbinders to make cutting a snap is such an awesome time saver!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

No comments: