Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Studio Challenge

Hi Everyone,

It's time for the Taylored Expressions Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  Each month there is a different challenge that allows us to create different projects around the the same theme and this month: the theme is:


Good things come in small packages!  The holiday season is upon us and between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukah, and Christmas there are a ton of opportunities to create and give little treats, gifts, and party favors.  Please show us something you'll be giving this year.
I used this challenge to create a little treat bag for my son's teacher. She is truly awesome - I feel very blessed to see how much my son has grown under her love and nourishment. I always enjoy seeing his face when he describes what he learned in school that day - what a gift it is to have a wonderful teacher. I had some pumpkin chocolate popcorn (SO good!) that I bought at the pumpkin patch from our field trip there this week and created a little treat bag using the Love Grows Here stamp set and the Large Kraft Bakery . I love that these bags come in a set of 10 - so its easy to create a bunch at the same time, or have some on hand when you want to create a special treat for someone:


Here is a closer look at the coordinating card that I created using the October Key Ingredients : I colored the sweet little leaves with fall leaves color and then popped it up on the card base with some chipbaord, bling and twine. I added some grass with some Split Pea Taylored Expressions felt using the Grass Border die with a little adhesive on the back:

Card Ingredients:
Paper: October Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Love Grows Here stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Teal Zeal, Memento Tuxedo Black inks
Accessories: Split Pea Taylored Expressions felt , Grass Border die , corner chomper, dimensionals, bling, copics, Taylored Expressions felt, Grass border and cloud chipboard

I love making little treats my loved ones! And making this little treatbag for my son's teacher was such a happy crafting moment. Here is a picture of my son with his teacher - isn't she just the cutest thing! I love his smile when he is with her! Teachers have all my respect - they nourish and nurture the very tender strings of a child's heart - what an amazing profession!


Can't wait to see all the lovely treats that the amazing artists on the team have created for this month's challenge:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari

PS - Here is the Grass Border Die from Taylored Expressions that I created:

10 comments:

Billie A said...

Love the carmel corn package,,Ill take ten of those.. lOL love the card too. Great ideas and wonderful gift idea. Love your work.

Karen Giron said...

Aw this is so cute! That popcorn looks scrumptious!

Karen Giron said...

Aw this is so cute! That popcorn looks scrumptious!

Shannon White said...

Ohhh, I am with Billie on this one Sankari! I'll take 10 too! lol 8-) Wowie! What a Fabulously packaged Sweet Yummy treat! Love the way you decorated the bakery bag and your matching card is Darling!! Such a Sweet pic of your Son and his Teacher too! She is going to love this gift! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Karli said...

Ahhh that popcorn sounds heavenly! What a lucky teacher :) What a sweet project too. Hugs~
PS: I miss my Cinema Saturday :( tear..

Regina Mangum said...

How SWEET, Sankari! I love the coordinating gift...your colors are so rich and gorgeous! XOXO

BrossArtAddiction said...

So gorgeous! Love the rich colors and that wonderful bow! :)

Hugs,
xx Tracey xx
♥My Blog♥

Davi said...

Fabulous set to give a treat in!! I love the fun dps with the image and embellies :) A wonderful gift for a special teacher..a real treasure these days!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so cute, Sankari!! LOVE your treat bag and card! And that pic is ADORABLE!!

Curt in Indy said...

Your son is adorable! What a great shot of him. I so love your cards and love how they are always so vivid and colorful. These are no exception. Thank you too for your lovely comment. It was so appreciated and I was honored that you visited and took the time to do so. Best, Curt