Thursday, October 4, 2012

Taylored Expressions October Release Day


Hi Everyone,

Today is Release Day over at Taylored Expressions and its a HUGE one! SO many new stamps, new dies and Project Pantries for your crafting pleasure - you can check them out at the tab: Fresh Out of the Oven Department. While you are there - you can also check out the TE Current Specials page!  

For one of my projects today, I used the super cute Petite stamp set: Cozy Cabin designed by the talented Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink collection at Taylored Expressions. This cute little cabin is so perfect for not just Christmas cards, but friendship cards and the ever difficult masculine cards! 

I loved making this card because my husband's parents have a cabin up north that we go to every summer. Going to the cabin is such a special experience - being out in nature, by the lake, in a little cabin tucked away in the woods is always one of our highlights that we look forward to. 

I used papers from the Handmade Holiday Project Pantry for this card (includes, DP, coordinating ribbon and card stock)- love the rustic and earthy feel of these papers. I created a little frame using the papers and then tucked the cabin under the DP frame. It was fun to color in the cabin with copics and then I cut out the tree and popped it out over the DP frame by the cabin:

Here is a closer peek at the cabin coloring - I took a clear gel marker and went over the lines of the roof and stones in the chimney for a muted glaze look:

Card Ingredients:
StampsCozy Cabin from Taylored Expression
Papers and Ribbon: Handmade Holiday Project Pantry

Accessories: dimensionals, spellbinders, corner chomper, copics

For my second project I used the super super cute Joyful Stripes Shadowbox Kit that Taylor will be offering - this is an absolute darling way to send a special Christmas card to your dear ones - or to create a little piece to display in your house. The shadowbox comes with all the pieces that you can assemble together and leaves space for stamping your sentiments or images of choice. I chose the one of the beautiful sentiments from the Rejoice Stamp set for the front of this card and cut it out with the larger Label Stacklets die that I paired with a large testability. I also added some holly that I cut out with felt using the Very Merry Outlines dies the and made a mat with the scallop holly die from the Very Merry Scallop dies:
When you open the card - on either side are little windows to which I added some felt holly and sentiments from the Many Minis Holiday stamp set and a little bit of twine. To the center image, I added some buttons around the edges - Its such a lovely way to create a lovely keepsake card - I can't wait to give this to my husbands parents this year for Christmas:
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Joyful Stripes Shadow Box from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Rejoice and Many Minis Holiday stamp set
Inks: Love Letter from Memento
Accessories: Label Stacklets, ribbon, glitter stickers from stash, dimensionals, tacky tape

I can't wait to check out all the creations from the Baker's Dozen - these ladies are amazing!!! Please hop along with me: 

Carolyn King - Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by! Please hop over tomorrow for an inspiration hop with this beautiful release!
Have sweet day! Big hugs,
Sanakri :)

8 comments:

Billie A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wanda G (stampcat) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moments by Marla said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wendy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly Saveur said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.