Saturday, February 23, 2013

IHP February Guest Designer: Hey Cupcake!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Our weekend has gone by so fast - filled with friends, family and snow --- and lots of snow means baking at home!!! I think I might have a thing for cupcakes! Not only are they fun to bake and eat - but they are also  so much fun to stamp! I used this super cute stamp from the i {heart} papers store: The Hey Cupcake stamp set from Gourmet Stamps. I love this cute little stamp set! That cupcake is just darling - and the cupcake and the sentiment come together in one stamp - but I separated the image and cupcake so that it could fit in with the Sweet Sunday sketch 178

I colored the cupcake and then popped it up with dimensionals and then added it to some circles that I punched out and die cut with my circle nesties. When I was putting it together, I felt like it needed something so I added some buttons here and there and added some Hemp Twine to the center of the buttons and then wound some around the card. 

Card Ingredients:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Hey Cupcake stamp set from Gourmet Rubber stamps from the IHP store
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coics
Accessories: (5/8") Pink Faux Sude Ruffled Edge, circle spellbinders, buttons from stash, Hemp Twine, dimensionas, corner chomper

I wanted to add some ribbon to the card, but it felt like I didn't have any room on the card, so I added a little strip of DP with the (5/8") Pink Faux Sude Ruffled Edge - it feels soooo soft and smooth!! Have you seen all the ribbons that Kate has at the {heart} papers store?? OMGosh - I want to get all the ribbon - there are so many choices!! You can check them all out here: Ribbons at IHP.

Thanks so much for stopping in today! Hope the rest of your weekend is filled with cupcakes and happiness!!
Ciao for now,


Tracy said...

Very cute!

Davi said...

How beautiful you made this with the soft color and distressing :)

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Well, this is just DELISH! LOVE LOVE LOVE this girlie! MISS YOU!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Such a sweet, yummy card, Sankari! Love it!