Saturday, February 23, 2013

IHP February Guest Designer: Hey Cupcake!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Our weekend has gone by so fast - filled with friends, family and snow --- and lots of snow means baking at home!!! I think I might have a thing for cupcakes! Not only are they fun to bake and eat - but they are also  so much fun to stamp! I used this super cute stamp from the i {heart} papers store: The Hey Cupcake stamp set from Gourmet Stamps. I love this cute little stamp set! That cupcake is just darling - and the cupcake and the sentiment come together in one stamp - but I separated the image and cupcake so that it could fit in with the Sweet Sunday sketch 178

I colored the cupcake and then popped it up with dimensionals and then added it to some circles that I punched out and die cut with my circle nesties. When I was putting it together, I felt like it needed something so I added some buttons here and there and added some Hemp Twine to the center of the buttons and then wound some around the card. 

Card Ingredients:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Hey Cupcake stamp set from Gourmet Rubber stamps from the IHP store
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coics
Accessories: (5/8") Pink Faux Sude Ruffled Edge, circle spellbinders, buttons from stash, Hemp Twine, dimensionas, corner chomper

I wanted to add some ribbon to the card, but it felt like I didn't have any room on the card, so I added a little strip of DP with the (5/8") Pink Faux Sude Ruffled Edge - it feels soooo soft and smooth!! Have you seen all the ribbons that Kate has at the {heart} papers store?? OMGosh - I want to get all the ribbon - there are so many choices!! You can check them all out here: Ribbons at IHP.

Thanks so much for stopping in today! Hope the rest of your weekend is filled with cupcakes and happiness!!
Ciao for now,
Sankari

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Davi said...

How beautiful you made this with the soft color and distressing :)

Jodi Collins said...

Well, this is just DELISH! LOVE LOVE LOVE this girlie! MISS YOU!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Such a sweet, yummy card, Sankari! Love it!