Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Taylored Expressions February Sneak Peek: Posh Posies

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the second day of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions! Today I am showing a project from the darling full size stamp set: Posh Posies and the Silhouette Stems 1 dies. I love silhouettes - both to stamp and dies - it makes it so quick to create a card and you can cut so many different textures with your dies! I create a little cloud scene for my card and used the Silhouette Dies to cut out the posies in Twilight Dark card stock and then cut them out again in some Intense Orange card stock - and then cut the orange part of the posies and adhered them to the blue stems. I then layered this onto the newest cutting plate - my favorite one so far - the Circle Cutting Plate that I cut with
Jetstream blue card stock:

The rest was very simple - the sentiment "You're in my thoughts" cut with the Banner Stacklets that I adhered to two buttons stacked together with some twine and glue dots and then I finished it off with some Orange glimmer ribbon. I also added a little bit of orange stickles to the posies for a bit of shine and then stamped on the inside with the silhouette stamps in three different color inks: Tangelo, Dandelion and Cantaloupe from Memento. Here is a look at the inside of the card
I loved using the contrasting colors of blue and orange and represented the sun with the buttons - as if the posies were bowing down as the sun was beginning to set: This is such a pretty set and the coordinating dies make it so much fun to create different sets of elegant and posh flowered cards!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Posh Posies from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Twilight Dark , Jetstream blue Intense Orange card stock and Choice Snow White card stock from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tangelo, Dandelion, Cantaloupe and Summer Sky
Accessories: buttons layered together with glue dot, twine, orange stickler, Circles Cutting Plate, Cloud Border die, Banner stacklets, Silhouette stems 1 dies, MS grass punch and Orange glimmer ribbon.

I can't wait to see what all the lovely ladies have created with this gorgeous set! Please hop over with me and check them out!
Please stop by tomorrow for release day celebrations!!
Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by my little corner :)
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)


15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Gorgeous. Love the color combo.

SugarGem said...

This is so pretty. The colors are really rich

Jami said...

Beautiful! Such a bold rich color scheme!
Great talking to you last night!

Cindi said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the flowers are stunning!

kiala said...

Really wonderful card! By the way, did you know that your name Sankari means a hero (or heroine) in Finnish? :)

Kerri said...

I LOVE orange and blue and this card is simply STUNNING!!! I'm dying to CASE this:)

Melody said...

Love the posies!

Shannon White said...

Wow Sankari!! Just Gorgeous!! Love the rich bold colors you chose and the touches of sparkle too! And I am loving your fluffy clouds too! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

SmilynStef said...

Love that color combination ... beautiful design.

Davi said...

Beautiful color combo and background for the cool silhouette flowers!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,love your colors..

carole (TruCarMa) said...

LOVE this color combo, Sankari! Breathtaking! :)

Curt in Indy said...

So typical of your beautiful work. I'm such a fan of yours. Great colors on this! Best, Curt

June said...

This card is beautiful and love the colors!!!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Love the colors on this, and those glittery flowers make me swoon.