Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Taylored Expressions August Sneak Peek: A Classy View and Say What?

Hi Everyone,

Guess what tomorrow is over at Taylored Expressions? Its Release Day! But before we jump the gun, the Baker's Dozen has a bunch of wonderful samples from this August's Release!! I am starting off by showing one fabulous stamp set called a Classy View, which coordinates with all of the previously released window dies. I used the Picture Window Die to frame the sweet image of the classroom that is in this stamp set - perfect to give to one of my children's teacher's as school starts up!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: A Classy View from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Choice Snow White CS (TE) and Simple Stories DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
TE Dies: Picture Die, Build A Scene Swirly Clouds, Windy Tree
Other: Copic markers, foam tape, Grass Punch from MS, Linen Ribbon and a Clear Acetate sheet


I love the cute image of the teacher's desk with the globe! and I HAD to color in the board green because that reminds me of my childhood! These days - its usually a white board - maybe a blackboard - but in my school, we had green chalkboards and I loved being on eraser duty to slap the chalk out of the erasers! 
I decided to create a little school building and added a little clear acetate to act like "glass" for the classroom window and paired it up with the Windy Tree Die with one of the newly released cloud dies from the Build A Scene Swirly Cloud dies to create a little scene for the classroom view - here is a closer look:


 
I loved creating a little scene and totally loved making a little scene with some super cute Mokas with the new to be released stamp set: Say What? This stamp set has so many cute bubbles with perfectly spaced sentiments that fit in them AND there are also coordinating Say What Conversation Bubble dies!!!! Say Whaaaat!!!! YUP! Dies that make it easy to create cute little speech bubbles! So for my card I thought it would be fun to have some Mokas show up at your door with some presents and cakes (yes, I said cakeS not cake!! :D) and presents for your birthday! I chose to stamp, color and cut Moka Madelyn, Moka Olivia and Moka Betty and arranged them together with bubbles on either side.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Moka Olivia, Moka Betty and Moka Madelyn and Say What stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Simple Stories Dp and Choice Snow White CS (TE)
Ink: Memento LadyBug Red and Bahama Blue, Canteloupe, Dandelion Ink
TE Dies: Label Stacklest 4, Say What Conversation Bubbles dies
Other: Copic Markers, Foam Tape, Cloud Border die


Here is a close up of these cutie Mokas with the speech bubbles that I die cut and stamped with the Say What? stamp set! I Love all these Moka cuties!!! 


I had so much fun making these cards and I can't wait to see what the Baker's Dozen has created today! Check them out with me:




Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Please stop over tomorrow for release day FUN!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)


5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG...your little scene is adorable, Sankari....what a genius idea to add the acetate to the window!!! Your second card is super cute, too...what gorgeous coloring on those adorable little girls!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

SOOOO beautiful and inspiring! Love your Moka girls card - such a cute idea!!

Rosy Newlun said...

How sweet!!!! Amazing school house with beautiful tree - wow! Great curly sentiment! And all those Moka's - love your coloring and how you put them all into one scene!

Heather Rogers said...

What a fabulous view into the teacher's classroom. Your trio of ladies is too cute! :)

Jami said...

Your little trios of Mokas is killing me! Too too CUTE!!