Friday, August 9, 2013

Taylored Expressions August Spotlights: Build A Scene

Hi Everyone!!

Did you get to check out the awesome August Release yesterday from Taylored Expressions!! I love the gorgeous and beautiful samples that all of the design team members have created this week - there are just so so so many possibilities of what you can do to with this release! Today on our Spotlight Hop, I decided to make a creation with one of my favorite parts of the release - the 4 Build A Scene dies!! I created a little card with all of them - I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Say What? stamp set - I love how this turned out, it was so much fun to make! 




Here is a closer look at the card - I love all the different things you can do with the BAS (Build A Scene) - Sunshine dies - I had the ray go through the cloud (the bottom of which was sponged up a little). I used the 
Band-It die to create the sentiment holder - this was an attempt at creating a masculine card - I figure there are mountains on it and no ribbons - boom, instant masculine card in my definition :) haha! 
Card Ingredients:Stamps: Say What? Stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Bazzill CS, Choice Snow White CS (TE) and green and yellow Dp from Stash
Ink: Memento Ladybug Red
TE Dies: Build A Scene Mountains, Build A Scene Rolling Hills, Build A Scene Sunshine, Build A Scene Swiry Clouds and Band It Dies
Other: Foam Tape, corner chomper, sponger, grass punch from MS


I can't wait to see what the rest of the lovely artistes from the Baker's Dozen have created for the Spotlight hop! Please hop along with me and check their awesome creations out!!

Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach
Jami Sibley
Jen Shults
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
hugs,
Sankari :)



5 comments:

Jami said...

Congrats on these dies, Sankari! Fabulous concept! Love your mountain scene today!

Joan Ervin said...

Your mountains look awesome, Sankari, and the sun rays laced through the curly cloud is such a fabulous design detail...love this!!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

BRILLIANT!!! So clever and pretty Sankari. Can't wait to see all your creations to come with these awesome new dies you designed. LOVE it. XO

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love the scene,great work!!!

Davi said...

Wow what an awesome scene you created! A perfect man card:)