Thursday, July 30, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You - Groovey Owlies


Good Morning Everyone,

I can hardly believe its Thursday already - when did that happen? Yesterday has been filled with errands, dentists appts for little wee ones who won't sit still, doing laundry from camping (ugh!) and unpacking... (still not fully unpacked! - does it take you guys forever to unpack - it always seems to me that there are more clothes coming back then going... :). Even though we got home 
Mon. night - I had to wait till Tuesday afternoon after work 
to get our mail from our neighbor who has been holding it while we were gone and I was b-e-y-o-n-d pysched when I saw a big 
package of yumminess from the wonderful ladies at 2 Sketches 4 You!   I let out a big Whoooooop!

Thank you so much Laura and Kazan and beautiful DT for the wonderful sketches and encouragement during the Ultimate Card Showdown - I am still in happy shock :)!!! It was such a total 
blast!! I was so psyched to open my package - but I wanted to take a quick picture - so I ran home to get my camera and had my neighbor snap a quick pic - I was so excited that I opened it right at her house! - lol!!! She was cracking up at my shrieks of delight :) She told me I was speaking a different language when I was explaining to her what the different products were - lol! 
I couldn't wait to make a card with the yummy goodies! And so here is a quick card I made using Laura's sketch 31 and I used the 
yummy papers from Teresa Collins and cut out the little black swirlie patterns on the paper from the package to go on either side of the oval - I loved stamping and coloring these cutie pie owlies from Inky Antics - seriously there is just something about owls that is just so adorable. I popped the side swirlies on dimensionals and added a little bit of yellow bling on the sides. I loved making this little owlie card and can't wait to ink up the rest of the owlies - they are such a hoot! (sorry couldn't resist! ;) Here is my card for Laura's sweet sketch:

Card Details:
Ink: Stazon Black and Martha Brown
Stamps: Groovy Owls - Owl Trio from Inky Antics
Accessories: Martha punch, ribbon from Taylored Expressions, bling from K&Company, oval cutters from Creative Memories prisma color pencils,

Well, I am off to the exciting and glamorous world of finishing laundry, lol!! A huge thank you and even HUGER HUGS to the lovely ladies over at 2 Sketches 4 You and I am so glad I am back from our vacation so I can get back into the crafting corner and catch up and get to come over and visit all of you!

Thanks for coming over to visit!
Big owlie hugs to all!
Sankari :)

ps - a huge hug to Clouds Shadler - she has been an amazing DT member for 2S4U and is leaving to prepare for her final year of college. Please check out her sweet blog: Cloud's Color Garden - and drop some love - she is amazing! 

pps- hope you all have a fantastic Thursday! (its almost friday! yipeeeeeeeee!!!)

28 comments:

Tam, I am said...

I have been reading your blog for a month or so now and I just wanted to tell you how much I love your cards! You are so talented and such an inspiration!! Congratulations on your win!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Shawnie, I can feel your excitement as I read! You are so funny! What a fun card! Can't wait to see what else you create with all the fun stuff in that box!

anja curvers said...

HOLY COW, this is sooo beautiful you sure rocked this sketch. TFP at 2sketches4you.

Anonymous said...

Im so glad that you won!! You deserve it!!! And this card is sooooo awesome!!! have a wonderful day!!!

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh!!! this is fantasic!!! love everything about it! looks like a winner to me!!

cnelson said...

perfectly lovely! you are amazingly talented!

Randee E said...

What a super cute card! I got a few goodies in the mail too :0) How much fun was that!! Have fun playing with your stuff . . .better than Christmas :0)

Latisha said...

Beautiful card!!!

Monika Reeck said...

Very ADORABLE card...you are so talented Shankari...love your creation :) love, Monika

Laura Davis said...

Yay I am glad you like your goodies! Your card is just perfection! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Giovana said...

Your card is amazing!! Love it, love it, love it.
Enjoy your goodies, you deserve them.
God bless
Giovana

Ann said...

Eeee!!! Did you lie down and roll around in all your goodies?! I would've!!! LOL!!! Your card is gorgeous as always--those owlies make me smile!

Diane said...

Love, love your card, everything about it is beautiful! Congrats on your win!

Donna Baker said...

you're so cute! you totally deserve that prize package - you are awesome!! cute card too

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!! And congrats..

The Mama Monkey said...

That card is great Sankari!! I love the big ribbon! Have fun playing with your stuff! Do come up for air once in a while! :)

Norine said...

are you going to have fun
love the card so fun
Hugs
Norine

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow, Shawnie! Congrats again on winning the ultimate card challenge! You Rock! Love all of your artwork.

zgagi said...

Beautiful card. I like all the details. And the owls are just adorable

AUsome mom said...

WOW! Another beautiful creation from you! I love the little hoo's too :)

Regan said...

eeeek...i am soo in love with the owlies...great card girl!

CathyRose said...

Yay for you! It's so much fun to get new goodies! Love the Owls, your cards are always awesome!

Desire Fourie said...

Glad you are back safe from your trip and getting into a routine again. I just love this happy, bright and funky card.
Have a great Sunday
Hugs
Desire

wendyp said...

those owls are beyond CUTE!!! Fabulous card, Shawnie! Have fun playing with all your new goodies!!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

That parcel looks divine. I am sure you will have lots of fun with the contents and we will see many more brilliant cards from you.

This card is FABULOUS - the colours, the motif. Everything is perfect!
Congratulations on making the Top 5!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card. I love the eyes on them. The colors are great too.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

this card is GORGEOUS!!!! Congratulations on making the top 5 (or 10 ;) Amazing!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fab card Sanakri. Love the owl images... and colors. Congrats again on winning the ultimate showdown! Sure looks like you had a blast opening that box!