August Release At a Glance
- We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, August 4th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the OvenDepartment at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
- Angel Bundle Prize Drawing: We're very excited to be supporting the Angel Tree with Joy to the World, the newest set in the TE Giving Tree Program. If you'd like to be entered to win our Angel Bundle Prize Pack (Joy to the World Full Sized Stamp Set, Angel Kisses Taylored Card Kit, and the Musical Swirls Taylored Impression Plate) simply click over to the Angel Tree website and find the answer to this question: "Name the founder of Angel Tree." (You'll want to read the touching story of how Angel Tree got started while you're there!) E-mail Taylored Expressions with the answer in the subject line of your e-mail by Wednesday at 6pm PST. The winner will be announced on Taylor's blog at approximately 10 pm PST Wednesday night.
Welcome everyone to the second day of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions where today we are featuring two beautiful stamp sets: Embrace Beauty and Bugabee.
1. Embrace Beauty - concepted by the wonderful Jami Sibley and beautifully illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes collection. This stamp set is a full sized stamp set that includes 9 sentiments and images and is designed for use withe the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis, classic circles and 1 3/4" circle punch. This stamp set coordinates with the Summer Afternoon and Discover you Wings (full sized stamp sets). I love the silhouette images - so easy to create a card, tag or other home decor projects!
Taylor is also releasing 2 impression plates on Thursday morning at 8am PST with the rest of the stamps and dies - I love that one impression plate comes with two backgrounds! That is so awesome! For my tags today, I used both sides of the Musical Swirls Impression Plate and both sides of the Lots of Dots Impression plate to create 4 tags with each sentiment in the Embrace Beauty Stamp set by making dies using the Frame it Up 1 Die:
Taylored dies and impression plates to see what sandwich combination you need for your diecutting machine - and if you are using a bigshot - don't forget the Embossing Pad kit! I sponged the embossed dies with some black ink to pop out the embossing and I stamped the smaller circle with the beautiful butterfly 4 times in Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black and then sponged a different color over them and wiped it off after sponging.
The small circle stamp was again stamped 4 times and this time I colored the butterflies a different color with my copics, cut them out and then popped them over the circle image. I cut out the sentiments and then layered the sentiments, black and white polkadotted ribbon and circle images over the die tag and then finished it off with some liquid pearls, a coordinating color mat and an eyelet for the ribbon. I love how they turned out and will make a nice little giftset to give together.
2. Bugabee - This stamp set was concepted by our very own Charmaine Ikach and illustrated beautifully by Taylor VanBruggen for the TE collection (this is Charmaine's first stamp set for TE!). This is a full sized stamp set that includes 27 images and sentiments - and is full of super fun images to create ladybugs, bees, butterflies and flowers and has big bold sentiments that create happy greetings! This stamp set also coordinates with two dies:
- Bugabee bug dies - 6 dies to create ladybugs, bees and butterflies
- Bugabee Flower Dies: 6 dies to create flowers with/without our coordinating stamps
I created a little giftset for one of my daughter's best friends whose birthday is coming up in August using the flower dies and the bug dies that coordinate with this awesome stamp set. I adore Charmaine's awesome style and I love how the name of her blog: Oodabug Alley came out. These stamps and dies make it so easy to create a fun card with lots of fun textures! Here is a picture of the giftset that I made. The flowers on the tag are created by using the Bugabee Flower dies and layering them up with dimensionals - so much fun! I adore the tag in the stamp set and used them as little blue ribbon ends in the card and also as a sentiment tag on the box:
Here is a closer peek at the box - the dies make awesome felted creations (little hair clips) and I love how easy and quick they were to make:
And here is a picture of the whole gift set - what a fun and easy way to create little gifts with these awesome dies and stamps combined!
Please stop by and check out the amazing creations from the Baker's Dozen team and I know you will be wowed by their gorgeous creations!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and please stop by tomorrow for more sneak peek fun!