Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 20th Key Ingredients are Here!!!!!


Good Morning Everyone!

Its December 20th! and that means its time for a new release of Taylor's Key Ingredients kits! For those of you who are not familliar with these kits, every month, Taylor creates an awesome kit - full of Designer paper, coordinating cardstock, ribbon and embellishments - its such a great way to make cards and projects - because everything you need is in one kit and it all coordinates! Taylored Expressions is now offering a monthly charge prgram - so that menas that instead of paying for either the 3 month or 6 month option upfront, now there will be a charge every 15th of the month of their subscription - so for example the 6 month program is $14.95 a month plus shipping! Now that is alot of DP, cardstock and embellies all in one amazing kit! This December's Key Ingredient's are so versatile - they can be used for the holidays or birthdays, thank you's, congratulations, anything really!

Since the holidays are right around the corner, today half of the Baker's Dozen will be showing some quick holiday gift wrapping ideas with this super versatile December Key Ingredient's Kit that can be for the holidays but can be holiday neutral as well. Check out all the amazing things that are in this kit:

- 12 sheets of 8.5" x 11"cardstock (2 of each color pictured with a Buttercream neutral)
- 20 sheets of 6" x 6" patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Ooh La La collection
- 5 yards of coordinating ribbon (1 yard each of 5 different styles)
- an assortment of coordinating paper flowers
- and a package of Raspberry Candy Dots (which I had a HARD time resisting eating!!!! they look sooooo much like the candy dots that I grew up eating! and the are just the perfect embellies!

I made four different holiday wrapped up projects. The first is a super quick one using the favor boxes that are in the Taylored Expressions store - I absolutely LOVE all of these boxes and it is so nice to have them on hand for a quick and easy project! This one uses the flap lid box and I used the beautiful image from the Wings of Joy stamp set to make this cute little gift set. I love this stamp set because it is simply so easy to use - just color, cut and adhere to your project :)
I filled it up with some chocolates and added just a wee bit of liquid pearls ;) here is a closer peek at the card:
Card Ingredients:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Accessories: Everything is from the Dec 20th KI kit, except for liquid pearls and dimensionals :)

The second project is a Box in a Bag project (tutorial here on Splitcoaststampers by one of my sweet blogging buddies Diana Gibbs). I love how absolutely quick and fast this project was and how easy it was to embellish with the paper flowers that are in this kit. I punched out a little snowflake to go in the flower's center in the card - to kinda make it a "winter flower" ;) I used sketch #95 from the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge for this project:


Card Ingredients:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Aquamarine
Accessories: Ribbon and candy dots are from the Dec 20th KI kit, cuttlebug embossing folder, spellbinders, EK success punch, Cropadile and eyelets, Sakrua Glaze pens and Fiskars threading punch.

Here is a SUPER quick Gift tag holder: I left the inside blank - it was so pretty with the snowflake stamps (stamped in silver ink) from the Wings of Joy stamp set that I couldn't put anything on top of it! lol! But I think I might just add a little gift card right in the middle and write a short little note on the back. I LOVE these papers and love the fact that they are double sided because then when you fold them like in this gift card - you have both sides in one project! I stamped the Santa image/sentiment from the Holiday Wonder stamp set - its such a great silhouette image :)
Card Ingredients:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Aquamarine
Stamps: Wings of Joy and Holiday Wonder from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Ribbon and candy dots are from the Dec 20th KI kit, cuttlebug embossing folder, spellbinders, EK success punch, Cropadile and eyelets, Sakrua Glaze pens and Fiskars threading punch.

And the last project is a super quick one as well using the bag from the Cricut - I love how easy it was to make and filled it up with candy canes for a quick and simple gift to our neighbors. I don't know what it is but I absolutely LOVE making pink holiday cards! I had so many snowflake chipboard pieces so I thought I would cover them in some red glitter and add it the card/bag for a quick embellishment. The sentiment is from the Home Sweet Home set:

Here is closer look at the card - I just love all of the pinks and reds (its a very Legally Blonde kinda card - love that movie! :) and the snowflake is super glittery!

And here is a closer look at the bag

Card Ingredients:
Ink: Memento Lilac Posies
Stamps: Home Sweet Home stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Ribbon and candy dots are from the Dec 20th KI kit, Cricut cut bag, spellbinders, EK success punch, Sakrua Glaze pens, corner chomper and Fiskars threading punch.

After making these projects, I STILL have soooo much papers and ingredients leftover in the kit! And I love the fact that these papers can be used for holiday projects but are also holiday neutral so can easily be used for bdays, thankyous etc!

Check out all the amazinggggggg creations by these awesome Baker's from the Baker's Dozen! I know they have cooked up some beautiful holiday wonderness!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by here today!
And for all of you on the East Coast - I hope you are staying warm and cozy in the winter's storm!
Big hugs to all!!!
Sankari :)

11 comments:

Taylor said...

No way! OK...I am convinced that there are 4 different Sankari's creating projects in that stamp space of yours..there's no talking me out of it! *wink* You are amazing! I love each and every one of your unique projects!

Karen Motz said...

Gosh Sankari...You created so many fun and fabulous projects!!! Each one is unique in it's own way and as always there are so many wonderful details on every project!

Jackie Pedro said...

Really what can I say except "YOU ROCK"! Where do you find the time? Each project is fab and so beautiful! I LOVE the Candy Cane bag!!!

Dawn Easton said...

LOL I always giggle when you say, it's a quick and easy project! There are always so many details to each of your wonderful creations...it would take me forever! I LOVE all of your wonderful creations!!! I especially love the pink ones ;)

Ann said...

Wowza, these are stunning! I love the different color combos you chose!

Radha said...

Long time!!!
It was time I stop and say HI!!!
Love all and each pro MY CC!
They are gorgeous!!!
Love Happy Holidays and enjoy life:))
XXOO

Ashley Newell said...

Awesome projects Sankari! You're amazing!

TexasGrammy said...

How on earth have you created so many awesome projects for this wonderful release?! My oh MY! You take the cake for creative prowess during our tradtionally most 'busy' of months!! High Fives, to you, Sankari!!

~Bev

Leeci said...

Your creations are always such a joy to see. So bright & cheerful. I absolutely LOVE seeing everything you do, and always look forward to the next project you come up with! Thanks so much for sharing with us. It's like a breath of fresh air!!
Leeci

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my gosh! You have been busy! Great projects! Love them all! :) Kathy

Donna Baker said...

WOWZA! check out ALL this eye candy - everything is just SO FABULOUS