Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post for this Decade! (was that a bit too dramatic :) lol!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Can you believe that this is the last day of this whole decade and that a whole new decade is opening up tomorrow (or in some parts of the world - it already has!) Well, I am busing writing down my New Year's Resolutions and trying to make sure I can actually do it for the whole year - and maybe a whole decade!

But first - a fun little card that I am giving to a friend of mine for the New Year :) I LOVE this sentiment from the Chillax stamp set from Taylored Expressions that says: "When life gives you limes, make Margaritas :)" - that always brings a smile to my face and I Love the fonts and the images in this cute little stamp set. I used Taylor's sketch from TESC 95 for this card:
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Prism cardstock and scrap stash
InK: Memento Tuxedo Black and Cottage Ivy
Accessories: corner rounder, double scallop punch, ribbon from stash, circle punches from CM, and mini scallop punch from EK success and glaze pens from Sakura

Are you getting ready for some New Year's Eve fun? What are your plans? I think we are going to do something simple with some friends and one of my favorite traditions is to re-read my journal entries from the past year and write down all of my resolutions for the new year in my brand new journal :) - its such a great way for some introspection and a great way to wake up tomorrow with a feeling of freshness, newness, hope and gratitude!

Today I am also the hostess for the Stamp a Sweet Impression blog for Taylored Expressions today - where I created a little Framed Fridge magnet - it is one of my New Year's resolution to de-clutter our house - and I thought I would start with our fridge (one of the main places that our clutter seems to be drawn to like magnets ;).

Here is a little peek of my project:


Please stop by the
to see more!!!!

Thank you dear friends for visiting my blog today!

Before you head out into cyberspace - I just wanted to wish each of you the happiest of New Year's and that it is filled with love, laughter, joy, bliss, fulfilled dreams, being with your loved ones, prosperity and deep contentment!!!!

Cheers to an amazing New Decade!!!!!!!
2010 - here we comeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

8 comments:

scubasubie said...

First off --- HAPPY NEW YEATR & DECADE!!! lol. Second - I love that Chillax stamp set - makes me want to make a Margarita right now (at work)! What a perfect new-years card

Cassie_lu said...

great fun card

Jessica Diedrich said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR sweet friend! Haha wow, I guess yeah, last post of the decade ;) Well, regarding THIS past year, I am so happy to have gotten in contact with you and cannot WAIT to meet you in person at CHA! I am really blessed to have such a ray of sunshine about my blog, fb page, etc... ;) YOU! GORGEOUS card and LOVE your magnet frame on the SASI blog! Can't wait to see how you WOW us in 2010~

Stacey Schafer said...

too cute, Sankari! love the sentiment...so perfect!

Kathy Martin said...

Fun card! Love that cocktail! :) Kathy

Karen said...

I always love it when you use that set!! It is a great sentiment and if it were May (when we usually break out the first margarita of the summer), I'd be wanting a margarita as well. :>

New Year's Eve it not that smashing here and the kidlets will even be going to bed on time. But, I do have some sparkling apple cider for them try and we are all looking forward to having Hubby home for the next three days!

Happy New Years to you and since you made me really think about it, happy next decade to you as well too! :>

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Sankari, I have just been browsing your blog - great stuff you have on here! Love the latest card and I too wish you a very very happy and healthy 2010!!

Naomi said...

I love margaritas, and I love this card! Great colors, I love the curved piece on the bottom, and all the detail 'stitching' on the top!