Wednesday, December 16, 2009

TESC #94 - A housewarming card and scrapbook page :)


Good Morning Everyone,

I don't know if you are feeling the holiday crunch - but things have definitely been busy in our household and I feel like a chicken running around, forgetting her lists of things to do and then adding more things on the list. I was in some major need of some stamp therapy last night and so I was so grateful that I had a chance to sit down at my craft corner and make some special things for my loved ones.

I used Taylor's awesome sketch #94 for these projects. I loved the simplicity of this sketch and found that it was perfect for both a card and a scrapbook page.

I made this scrapbook page for my children. Some of you might know that this last week has been a rough one for our family - we have been dealing with some issues that my son has been having to deal with and I wanted to make something for them, so I made a little 6x6 scrapbook page that I loved to display in our calendar stand. I absolutely LOVE this stand - and they love to see themselves displayed at the house too :)

I got a little weepy making this page - I absolutely love love love this picture of my kids (and it always melts my heart when they are giving each other hugs and kisses and doing special things for each other - such a nice change from sibling rivalry!).


I love this moment that I captured of them laughing together at a joke. And I love the quote from Helen Keller which is in the Discover Your Wings stamp set that simply describes this moment perfectly: " The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."


I wanted to write to them something special - It is hard to see them growing up and knowing that I can't always protect them. As they grow up - its almost like each day - I am slowly letting go and watching them learn to sail by themselves... and its both heartbreaking and heart fulfilling... sigh...


Here is what I wrote for them on the page - I hope you don't mind me sharing :)

To the dearest loves of my heart: "As I felt you grow inside, my heart was filled with gratitude and wonder, you both are the sweetest blessings, the apples of my eye. You are what makes me try to be the best mom I can be. Whether near or far, I am always with you - always loving you - always praying for you - always cheering you on. I feel our hearts are one. Always know that I am here - loving you!"
Page Ingredients:
Paper: MME (Oooh La La) and Cosmo Cricket, Girl Friday
Ink: Memento Black
Stamps: Discover Your Wings Stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Accessories: corner rounder, flowers from Making Memories, bling and ribbon from stash, Sakura yellow gel pen, calendar stand and EK success punch

It always amazes me how therapeutic it is to stamp and create something - especially when it is for those whom you love! I loved showing them this page this morning and I love displaying it in our house. I think that's one of my most favorite features of this calendar stand - that it can display your pages and they don't have to hide away in a book somewhere on the shelves :) Also, my kids LOVE pages about them! I think I want to paint the stand and decorate it up - but I am still filling it up right now - so I think I am going to wait till its all done and I can figure out what I want for a color scheme!

This next project is a card that I made using the Sweet Occasions stamp set that was Jami's orginal idea! My dear friends are having a housewarming party this weekend and I wanted to give them something special. I love that this stamp set has so many multiple uses stamp set - it makes it so versatile! LOVE that!!! I used the congratulations stamp set with the cute house on it and then underneath I used the sentiment: on your sweet new home - and I LOVED that it fit perfectly underneath the house image!

And my favorite part of the card was creating a little patterned paper out of the stamps in this set - like this mini cupcake or mini sundae set! So cute! I loved coloring them in!

And it was so much fun to decorate and color this house - I added a little sun for a bit of whimsy :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: MME buttercream and snow white choice cardstock from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Sweet Occasions stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Brown
Accessories: Corner rounder, sponger, threading punch from Fiskars, dimensionals, ribbon from stash and tombow, Martha punch, sakura gel pens.

I loved making these projects and feel so grateful for my family and my friends - both IRL and in blogland - you guys have no idea how much you mean to me - your support, love and sweetness always makes me feel not alone!

Thank you for all of your sweet words! And thank you so much for letting me share this with you today!

Sending each of lots of sunshine!!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

14 comments:

Tethered2Home said...

Beautiful. Honestly, your children are so sweet, you can tell in the smile in their eyes.
:) Amy.

jan farnworth said...

wonderful projects love how verstaile you made this sketch.

Anonymous said...

the scrap book page is beautiful and from the heart . . . both in the images of your children and your words as a mother . . . I'm so proud of you and what you create! Thank you for sharing your heart. --c

Donna Baker said...

for some reason you made me CRY with this post (well since I know the story and how much you love/adore and want to protect your little ones is one reason) but dang, woman--this photo could not be any more precious and what you wrote is so heartfelt (I can imagine being the kind of mommy you are someday and that makes me all weepy) anyhow - glad you got your stamping therapy! oh and you probably need to make 3 scrapbook pages (one for you to keep, one for your daughter and one for your son or his future wife -I can imagine the FIGHTS over who gets to keep these precious memories!) I'm just sayin' ---

Diana Gibbs said...

I know you don't want to hear this, cause it will mean the kids are all grown up, but I can envision this same picture at your daughter's wedding as your son gives her a hug.

Love you prrrrr,
Di

Anthonette said...

You brought tears to my eyes with your letter to the kids. I adore that picture of the kids! So sweet. Your work is fab, my dear.

A big congrats on the Gina K DT!!!!

Smita said...

Beautiful picture of the kids. God bless the family.

Take care..
Hugs,
Smita

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my gosh, Sankari! Not only is the project gorgeous, but LOOK at those children! Absolutely precious! Oh my goodness, what a page! Love your card too. . .adorable!

Dawn said...

OMGoodness! Your journaling is so touching. I wish I could express myself like that. That stand is the coolest, and I totally need one. My kids would love seeing themselves like that too. Your card is wonderful, I love the images and the colors. YOU ROCK!

Kathy Martin said...

Super cute projetcts! :) Kathy

cnelson said...

such fabulous projects!!!

Melanie said...

what an amazing page, pic, and poem1 you are a GREAT mom :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is the SWEETEST scrapbook page-what an awesome take on Taylor's sketch this week! Your children are SO precious-that photo omgosh, priceless! BEAUTIFUL card too! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

akshata said...

hi
Beautiful photo and the calender idea is so good...
how did you get the antique look for the written page...
Which we could all of these things in India...