Friday, May 21, 2010

CSAYL #51 - Paper Piecing challenge

Happy Friday Everyone!

Every Friday over at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog, we make a christmas/holiday card with different challenges every week - this week's challenge is to use paper piecing in your card --- which is one of my favorite favorite favorite kind of techniques. For my card I used the beautiful beautiful Christmas/Holiday sets from Verve: I paper pieced the lovely tree from the gorgeous Christmas in the Air stamp set and the sentiment is from Blessed Christmas, using the Mojo Monday Sketch #139 (I {heart} this sketch!)

I can't get over my liquid pearl addiction - I had to put a little bit of blue liquid pearls over the hills and added some Stardust Stickles to the sky to create a spearkly falling snow scene. I love being part of this Christmas Stampin' group and its been fun to create a little holiday fun in the middle of the may :)

You can find out more details here and join in the fun and play along!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

16 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great card and great colors!

cnelson said...

super cute! super fun!!

Amy said...

I love the color combination on this card. Very different and cool.

Hi! I'm Karen Jo. said...

I am NOT into christmas right now but your card is AMAZING! LOVE IT!

Radha said...

love it X-mas and Divali yeah!!! Love it so much the trees look : Happy:))
Did u see the cinema cards?
Hugies:))

Anonymous said...

Love this card. Makes me want to put my TREE UP!!:)

Kathy Martin said...

Very cool winter pine tree card! Great paper piecing! :)

Jodi said...

This is just so pretty Sankari!! I love the row of trees, and they look great with your paper piecing!! It was a fun challenge!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sue Lelli said...

Very unique colors! Love this card and all the details! FAB!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful, such clean lines and super fun colors! Makes me in the mood for Christmas even though it's 80 degrees here in Jersey! Thanks for such great inspiration!

Karey said...

WOW!

Maria said...

ooh, your card looks gorgeous, Sankari! I love all the colors, your paper piecing. . your rocked this challenge for sure!! I need to get myself some of the liquid pearls. . .I love how it enhances your card. It's pretty!

Maria

Katie Cotton said...

this is simply stunning!

~kelly marie~ said...

This card is so wonderful! The colors are amazing!

Shauna said...

So so cute! I love all the little details you added, and that light blue works so well with the red.

Jacqui said...

This is great. I didn't get around to checking every ones creations last week!