Monday, March 5, 2012

Love is In the Air - Our Craft Lounge

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy first Monday in March!! Today, I am so super excited today to be this month's guest designer for Our Craft Lounge every monday in the month of March!! Thank you so much to Kendra Weitstock for gifting me with this opportunity! 

I was lucky to meet Kendra at CHA in California last year - she is such a sweetheart and is so supportive, encouraging and positive! I had a lot of fun creating a card with the Love Is In the Air stamp set from OCL - love those balloons and super cute sentiments. I paper pieced the stripes on the balloon with some MME DP and then added some Cotton Candy Sparkly Fluff to the little ruffle around the top of the balloon. I love the different texture that the sparkly fluff gives the card. I stamped the clouds in the stamp set and popped them up - adding some liquid pearls on some of the clouds:


Card Ingredients:
Paper: MME DP
Inks: Memento Bahama blue and Tuxedo Black and copics
Accessories: May Arts ribbon, Spellbinders, sponger, liquid pearls, corner chomper, Cotton Candy Sparkly Fluff, bling and dimensionals.

I made this card for a very special friend of mine who is a dance teacher and put a show on this weekend in our town. She always inspires us to dance from our hearts, to feel the music as we dance, to push beyond our fears that might be holding us back from dancing - she is an amazing teacher and a wonderful friend! I love this sentiment - it is so perfect! I imagine all of us leaping into the air and touching the sky together! 

Thank you again to all the gals at Our Craft Lounge for letting me hang with you this month!
And thank you for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari  

10 comments:

Martha said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, love it!! Also love the sentiment!!
Hugs,
Martha

Geraldine said...

Gorgeous ccard, love the spellbinders frame and the sentiment and hot air balloon are great

Lori said...

So glad you're joining us at OCL this month! Love the look of the Sparkly Fluff on the hot air balloon.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

awesome card! Love all the layers.

Anonymous said...

Love the detailing - great job! You give me a lot of inspiration.

Latrice said...

What a gorgeous card! I live all the layering with the due cut in the background. You totally worked this stamp to perfection. Thanks for being a featured guest!

Melissa said...

Great card Sankari! I love the paper piecing and the sparkle!

Tammie Edgerton said...

Sankari, your card is gorgeous! The balloon looks great paper pieced and the Sparkly Fluff is a really nice touch. I can't wait to see what else you come up with throughout the month!

Tam, OCL DT
One Happy Stamper

Lori Barnett said...

WOW!!! This is amazing!!! I'm sure your friend will LOVE IT!

Michelle Pearson said...

so very beautiful! :) Love all the details....great card!