Thursday, March 1, 2012

Taylored Expressions March Release DAY!




RELEASE DAY at Taylored Expressions:

  • All of the new products are now available for purchase! Check out the Fresh Out of the Oven Department to see everything in one place!
  • More projects from the Baker's Dozen to inspire you.  Just follow the link list below.
  • Be sure to check the TE Current Specials page for Release Weekend Specials and Bundle Deals! 
  • Did you win one of the Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaways? Find the list of winners on Taylor's Blog.

Hi Everyone,
Welcome to Release Day at Taylored Expressions March Release where today we are sneaking peeks from all of the beautiful stamp sets and dies that are being released today!! Woo-hooooo!!! I couldn't wait to make a card from the beautiful stamp set Spring Tulips - I love these gorgeous flowers and the sweet sentiments designed by the super talented Nancy McKinney. As always - all of the Taylored Expressions stamps are deeply etched red rubber that already comes mounted on foam and ready to stamp! All of the stamp sets come one a full color panel and they all can be stored in the Mini Binder Boxes (4 per box) and the Petite stamp sets can be stored in the Petite Storage cases - love storage options!!
I thought that I could create a little scene and pair the the Spring Tulips stamp set with the Apothecary Shelf A La Carte stamp set from Taylored Expressions and create a "wall hanging" with the sentiment. I love this sentiment - and it is so true! Friendships are so dear to me - they help me get through the little stumbles of life - so grateful for my dear friends. I used the Jumbo Flower Border die that is being released today to create a "crown molding" for the ceiling and lined it with some liquid pearls (if only I could line my own ceiling with liquid pearls!!! lol!)  
Card ingredients:
Paper
: My Mind's Eye: Miss Caroline (Howdy Doody)
Stamps: Spring Tulips and Apothecary Shelf A La Carte from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento LadyBug Red, Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black and copics
Accessories: brads, twine, Jumbo Flower Border Die, liquid pearls, dimensionals, glaze, lace 
ribbon from stash, sponger and Best Glue ever adhesive.

I love the papers from the My Mind's Eye: Miss Caroline (Howdy Doody) collection - one of them looked like perfect wall paper for the room and I used another paper to paper piece and sponge the tulips in the vase and to paper piece the shelf that I then added a glaze over. I layered a piece of vintage lace over the shelf and added some dimensionals to pop everything up a little bit.

I can't wait to check out all the gorgeous creations from the DT - please hop over with me:
Thanks sos much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Jen Shults said...

Ooooh, GREAT idea to use the apothecary table!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this Sankari!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOW! I'm totally stunned by this beautiful card and your never ending creativity! LOVE this one and I'm bookmarking it for inspiration later. Simply gorgeous. Happy Release Day! ♥

wendy said...

oh my so very clever ...love this scene you made!

Unknown said...

What a creative showcase for the new tulip stamp and die. Love it and that dp does look like wallpaper, how clever!!

Karen Giron said...

WOW! What a fabulous way to incorporate the apothecary shelf - love the lace! Super fab!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous, Sankari! I LOVE what you did with the apothecary shelf! GORGEOUS!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Oh dear...
Brilliant!!
I love your card lovely, great sentiment and image!

Hugs Janine

miatagal said...

Pretty, pretty card Sankari! Love the textures. This is such a fun and inspirational pre-release pep rally; can't wait until tonight!!

miatagal said...

Pretty, pretty card Sankari! Love the textures. This is such a fun and inspirational pre-release pep rally; can't wait until tonight!!