Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Taylored Expressions April Sneak Peeks: Home Decor Frames (Cherish Every Moment and Stroke of Genius Stamp sets)

Hi Everyone!!

Welcome to the 3rd day of sneak peeks from the April Taylored Expression Release Party!!! Woohoo!! Today - I am so excited to show case two stamp sets (and more) along with some home decor! (hey that rhymed!! :D)


 I am so excited to show a stamp set called Cherish Each Moment that one of my TE alum buddies has illustrated - the awesomely talented Danielle Lounds! I love the doodle sketch feel of this stamp set and paired it with one of a ton of home decor alterables from the TE store! I chose the gray Frame from W R Decorative Frame (gray, 7.5x7.5). 

I stamped the sweet flower doodle stamp all over the frame and paper pieced the flowers on one end and colored in the flower on the other end with some color pencils - and for the center - I framed one of my most favorite pictures of my little ones in a laughing giggly mood:
I added a faint yellow paint to the edges of the frame and to the inner part of the frame and then lined it with some little liquid pearls. I also added a little button with twine to the top flower on the left:


Here is a closer peek at the bottom of the frame and the paper pieced flower from the Homespun paper collection - love this beautiful stamp set - and how true the sentiment is:


Card Ingredients:
Stamps; Cherish Every Moment stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and color pencils
Papers: Simple Stories: Homespun
Accessories: We R Decorative Wooden Frame - 7.5"x7.5" Grey, best glue ever, twine and buttons


I used this stamp along with a few more new ones with another home decor called Kaiser Kraft Beyond the Page photo display (6 photos).  I created a little display for our house and then painted the frame sunshiney yellow :)


One of my new favorite stamp sets from this month is the Stroke of Genius stamp set where you can created brush strokes for your cards and projects without using any messy paint :) Here I used it to create a rainbow by inking it with all different inks and paired it with the sentiment: "You Color my World" from the A Life She Designed stamp set:



I also paired the Stroke of Genius stamp set with the Cherish Each Moment stamp set just to add a little fun swish of color behind the sentiment:


And the bottom panel of the frame is created from the Sunshiney Day stamp set - LOVE this super sweet stamp set!!!

 

I used the Stroke of Genius stamp set again with two panels to also add a little scrapbooking fun and wrote in the dates of the pics of the kids with their grandparents:

 Project Ingredients:
Stamps: Stroke Of Genius, Cherish Every Moment (small sentiments: A Life She Loved, When your Heart Speaks)
Frame: Kaisercraft Beyond the Page Photo Display - 6 Frames
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Rose Red, Love Letter, Tangelo, Canteloupe, Pear Tart, Sky Blue, Lulu Lavendar
Accessories: felt, crimper, Cloud Border die, foam dimensionals, copics, corner rounder, heart punch, Label Stacklets 8, circle punches, Grass Border die and Best Glue Ever

I always love creating projects that I can display around the house and these projects used so many of the awesome new stamps and dies that are going to be released this week! I can't wait to see all the different home decor projects that are being sneaked today from this awesome release - so please hop along with me and check them out here:



Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog  each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please hop by tomorrow for Release Day!!

Big hugs,
Sankari :)



3 comments:

Kathy JH said...

Oh my - love both your framed pieces! They are fantastic! The stamping and paper piecing on that first frame is gorgeous

Queen Mary said...

Sankari, your projects are so fun! The picture of your kids is SO CUTE! I love it!

Kendra said...

Such beautiful projects!!! I adore both your frames! The yellow on the first frame is such a perfect touch to really showcase the photo. And the boxes in your second pieces are just lovely ~ what a great keepsake!