Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hello Friend

Hello Everyone!!

I am so excited to share a card that I made using one of my favorite sets from Taylored Expressions called Under the Sea. I love the fun under the sea animals and fauna (is that a word for under the sea..?! hmm :). 

I did some fun paper piecing on the sweet whale image using the Hello Happiness paperpack - I love this little whale - isn't she so cute?! I stamped the whale onto the pink DP as seen here. I also stamped the whale on some Sugar Cube cardstock and die cut it out using the coordinating Under the Sea dies. I then adhered the whale on top of the die cut Sugar Cube cardstock so that it would be a little firmer and hold up better long term. 

I then created a little scene using the Build A Scene - Swirly Clouds and the Build A Scene - Rolling Waves, along with the Under the Sea dies. I just love how this scene turned out:


Here is a close up of the card - I embossed the waves with the Braided Embossing Folder and then sponged a little Bahama Blue Ink over it and added some Irresistible Pico Embellisher (Clear) to the waves and fishes:




Card Ingredients:
Stamp set: Under the Sea stamp set and sentiment from Free Spirit stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper Pack: Hello Happiness paper pack from TE (6x6)
TE Premium Cardstock: Sugar Cube, Salt Water Taffy, Granny Smith, Pea Pod, Potato Chip
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue
Taylored Dies: Build A Scene – Swirly Clouds, Build A Scene – Rolling Waves, Under the Sea dies and Braided Embossing Folder
Accessories: Foam Tape 1/16th, Best Glue Ever, Irresistible Pico Embellisher - Clear

I just LOVE how this turned out - it was so much fun to create this underwater scene with some paper piecing and lots of dies :) !! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

5 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What an adorable card. So fun too! Love all the layers and designer papers.

lifesabeach32940 said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this card!! You are SO CLEVER!! I'm glad I became a follower ... you are an AWESOME INSPIRATION to me!! :)

Jean Bullock said...

This is darling. Well done.

Davi said...

Wow this is an awesome card!! I love the dimension and very cool scene you created!!

writers-house.com said...

It's heavenly stunning! I like it so much! Excellent work, really. I'm envious:) How much time did it take you to do this, by the way? Was it difficult? Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers!
Malcolm Niser