Saturday, June 28, 2008

TCP Tuesday

Hi Everyone,

This is a card that I made for the TCP challenge. These challenges are quite fun and this week it was hosted by Leigh O'Brien. I just recently started this blog (maybe like a month ago) and Leigh was so sweet and encouraging - she does some beautiful cards, so go take a lookie. The colors for this week were:
It was a really fun combination of colors and the card itself was a fun card to make. The color combination made me think of red flowers in the earth against a beautiful sky - so I went with that. The stamps for this I think are from MSF!, I am not sure because I got this stamp set a while ago and kept the clear stamps in a folder without labeling where it was from  - (I have since learned that lesson). 

I stamped the lotus image on the olive and red paper and then paper pieced them together on the sky blue circle punch. The papers were then layered, the circles were laid together at the bottom and then I put cherry red brads from American Craft: Elements between the sky blue circles. I tied soft sky ribbon and stamped the Thank You sentiment and finished with a little cherry brad in the "O" of the sentiment. At the bottom of the card I put little dots from my cranberry marker and then called it a day... well actually - I called it a night....  I love it when the kids are asleep and I have some moments to craft :) 


Can't wait to get some TCP stamps and see what the next challenge is :) I have to say - its really fun to do these challenges because the have made me use colors and combinations that I hadn't thought of before - and its great to see all the cards that all the other amazing crafters have made!

Hope all of you are well and happy and healthy!
Ciao for now!
Sankari

2 comments:

Leigh OBrien said...

Another great card, Sankari. So glad you played along and sorry we didn't get a chance to get together while your were here. I was just swamped and I can't believe that it's already July!

Maria said...

Wow, Sankari! I really love all those pretty roses!! The circles are fabulous!! I need to start participating in a few challenges. I haven't for such a long time. Thank you for the inspiration!!

Maria