Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Diva Dare - Day 3 -Merry and Bright!

HI Everyone,

Today over at the Verve Blog, I am the hostess for this month's Diva Dare where the theme is: A Handmade Christmas! The theme is pretty broad and can be interpreted in so many different ways...from a lovingly made card, to heartfelt gifts and homemade decorations!  With the Holidays right around the corner, this will be the perfect time to get a jump start on your card and gift making!

The Dare - is to make something handmade for Christmas and post it (please check out the Verve Blog for more details!) AND you can totally score some new yummy Verve in the process!!!

I answered the dare by making a little banner to hang on our front door. I have always enjoyed making handicrafts that can be hung on our door and our kids get so excited for the next season with a new doorway banner or wreath. After Thanksgiving, I am excited to hang up this little snowy banner on our door using the Bright Spirits Stamp set. I love this sentiment: "May your Spirits be Bright" and the sweet little star shape that can be both a flower or snowflake. I created a little ornament that I saw while surfing awhile ago and then saw again made in our LSS (hi Cynthia!) and couldn't wait to add as a big rosette to the banner:


Here is the center piece of the banner - I created a double star and used the Winter Fun Die set that has this beautiful tree to create little icicle pennants for the top: 


I had some glittery snowflakes from a previous project that I added to the center of the large rosette and then layered the sixpoint snowflake (large and small) from the Bright Spirits stamp set into the middle and added a little button to the center:

Here is a side view of the banner and the layers:


Project Ingredients:
Papers: Yellow Bicycle Winter Twig
Inks: Memento Danube Blue
AccessoriesWinter Fun Die Set from Verve Stamps, snowflake punch from MS, dimensionals, Spellbinders, red tacky tape, pearl embellishment from Want2Scrap, ribbon, jumbo eyelets from WeRMemory Keepers, Chipboard and liquid pearls

I loved this challenge and love making home decorations! I am so excited to hang this on the door after Thursday and surprise my little ones with a new door hanger and get ready a beautiful season of Merry and Bright Spirits!!! 

Please check out the Verve Blog for details on how to play along and win some new Verve and also everyday for the next two weeks there will be a new treat from one of the DT with a project with this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs
Sankari :)


13 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Sankari this is breathtakingly beautiful! Oh my word! Im speechless! You have outdone yourself here. I have never really had a notion to make a banner before, but I most certainly want to make one now! Wow. So stunning. Lee x

Jackie Pedro said...

GASP!!!! THUD................

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! MWAH!!!!!

Judi said...

Wow. This is just so pretty and would look great hanging in my house if you decide you don't want it. Great job. Judi

Karli said...

Ooooh Myyyy Gooodness Sankari, this is too beautiful for words! It's a masterpiece of Home Decor. I'm a kid in an eye candy store anytime I have the pleasure of popping in to see your creations! Gorgeous...Hugs~

Unknown said...

What a wonderful project Sankari, love all of your layers and how you used the new dies!! You've inspired me to make a banner and I can't wait to see how my project turns out. Hopefully it will resemble yours. :-)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Sabrina said...

WOW!! This is fantastic! I love it. I would be anxious to put it up too. Thank you for sharing with us less creative ones...;) Truly you inspire us constantly.

Anonymous said...

What awesomeness!! This banner really ROCKS!! You da bomb!!! ;D

Radha said...

Gorgeous creation! So good to decor your own house! I'm so with you! Hugs:))

wendy said...

WHOW absolutely gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a total WOW! Oh my goodness, Sankari you totally ROCK!

Radha said...

Sankari!!! How are you??? When will u hop over at your di's house??
I'm here cause I like the banner!!! ...BRight it is!!! BTW all your creations Rocks!!!

Fotf said...

Beautiful :)

Ruth said...

HI - just came across this on Pinterest, how di d you create the 'double star" is that just cones?