Monday, September 12, 2011

September Get Your Diva On Challenge: Pick A Color! Any Color!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so excited to be the hostess of this month's Verve Get Your Diva ON Challenge! And this month's challenge is to: "PICK A COLOR! ANY COLOR! and go monochormatic! It could be a one color - color scheme, or a bunch of neutrals, or a mixing of similar shades of color! This is one of my hardest challenges - I love color and I can't ever really pick just one (!!!) so it was a tough one to try to decide how to even start! But then I kept comign back to the color orange - maybe its because fall is in the air (?) but somehow orange was calling my name - so I found some MME DP and it felt so sunny and yummy (kinda reminded me of orange sherbert!) so I had to use the "sunny days" sentiment from the Sunny Days stamp set and used the coordinating dies from the Leafy Sprig dies from Verve Stamps.

 Here is a little peek at the inside of the card and the dimensions to create the layers:


Card Ingredients:
Paper: My Mind's Eye papers
StampsSunny Days stamp set from Verve Stamps
Inks: Memento Potter's Clay ink
AccessoriesLeafy Sprig dies from Verve Stamps, vellum, heart punch from the Paper Studio, heart punch from Martha Stewart, flower from Prima, Glimmer Mist (Jack O'Lantern), ribbon from MME, circle Spellbinder's, EK Success scallop punch, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing folder and dimensionals. 

I didn't have a coordinating flower for the card but then remembered I had some Glimmer Mist (Jack O'Lantern color) that I misted onto the flower and it created a perfect match :) I used the awesome VLV sketch from week 2 of the Sept11VLV challenge for today's sketch. 

Hope you will play along with us with this challenge - there is an AWESOME prize for the winner of the Get Your Diva On! Challenge - the chance to be a Guest Diva at the next release and can WIN the all of the NEXT Verve  Release and play along with the Verve Design Team during the next release - woohoo! So get pick your favorite color or color scheme and get your Diva ON! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,S
Sankari :)

PS - Here is the Leafy Sprig die from Verve Stamps that I coordinates with the Sunny Days  stamp set and the VLV sketch and links for how you can play along with this week's sketch!

7 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sankari! I love how the swiss dot embossing goes perfectly with your Liquid Pearl dots... just fabulous repetition. I love the colors and how even though it's all one color it's not to much... it's perfection! Gorgeous work girl!

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my word, this is beautiful. I love all the different textures. Really stunning. Lee xx

Luv 2 Create said...

Sankari, fabulous choice of color for fall. Yummy shades of orange that you have used. Your card is gorgeous. I love that you have completed the inside just as beautifully as the outside.
Marcie

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Wow! This is so warm and beautiful! Simply a work of art.

Misty said...

What a stunning card Sankari!! I LOVE the color

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous creation! Hope you don't mind I case'd you for the Sept. challenge... ;)

Radha said...

OMG!!!! OMG!!!
u left me a comment???!!! U know what it means??? THE WORLD:)) Hugs back! R:))