Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

Hi Everyone,

There are so many birthday's in September that it is crazy - along with all the babies born this month, this  month is full of birthdays of some of my dear friends! I made this card for my friend using some of the awesomest set of birthday stamps from Taylored Expressions - the Build a Treat stamp set. I love the fun way to mix and match the tops and bottoms of the cupcakes - so much fun-ness!!! I wanted to keep this card really simple and try to do a CAS card. I embossed the background with the awesome Spooky Impression Plate from Taylored Expressions and sponged with some Rich Cocoa ink and added a line of liquid pearls around the edge:

Here is a view of the inside of the card:


Here is another view of the card from the side: I stamped the top of the cupcake and bottom of the cupcake and cut them out and popped them together with some dimensionals. I added the cupcake to the oval background and then used Labels 18 and the sweet Frame It Up 2 die from TE to layer it onto:


Card Ingredients:
Paper: MME Lime Twist 
Stamps:  Build a Treat stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa from Memento and copics
Accessories:  Beaded Oval nesties, Labels 18, liquid pearls, dimensionals, Spooky Impression Plate,  Frame It Up 2 die,  ribbon from American Craft

I love everything from Taylor's awesome store - and this last release was simply amazing - so perfect for all the September birthdays this month. I wish I had a week of just sitting at my craft desk and crafting away night and day - but instead I look forward to a weekend of laundry and dishes and cleaning - sigh! 
Hope your Friday is off to a great start and that your weekend is wonderful!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

4 comments:

BrossArtAddiction said...

Gorgeous! Love your bright and cheerful color combo and the liquid pearls look fantastic! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous card, the colours are beautiful and I love the dimension to it. Lee x (Ps I have a big blog candy give away on my blog if you fancy a wee peep) xx

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wow, this is a beauty. Love the gorgeous details.

Pam Hornschu said...

Fabulous color combo, one of my favorites this year. Wonderful details, papers, and images.