Monday, March 12, 2012

Fishing with Dad - Our Craft Lounge

Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to be back and visiting Our Craft Lounge as the artist of the month (still pinching myself!). Today I am excited to show a sample using the beautiful stamp set: Fishing with Dad which is perfect for all the men in our lives! This one I made for my dear FIL who loves to fish - whether it be in the summer or in the winter (in a house on a frozen lake!). I love the sentiment: "To the best fisherman" - and the stamps remind me of the stories that my DH tells me of the summer he went up fishing to Canada with his dad.

 Card Ingredients:
Paper: MME and Bazzil
Stamps: Fishing with Dad by OCL stamps
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue, Danube Blue, Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Inks and copics
Accessories: May Art silk ribbon, liquid pearls, scallop punch EK success, fish charm (doodlebug), twine and dimensionals

I sponged the background and then stamped the trees and in the foreground, stamped the canoe with the fishermen. I added some copics to make parts of the stamps a bit darker or lighter and added a little glaze line to the horizon to differentiate water and sky.

I also am so excited to use this gorgeous May Art silk ribbon - it was so easy to tie and although I always wonder about putting ribbon on manly man cards - I didn't stop to think at all with this super light tawny ribbon :) I added a little fish charm to the ribbon center that I tied a piece of twine to and then finished the card with some scallops and liquid pearls. I am excited to give this to my FIL!

Thank you again to the OCL gals for inviting me this month! And thank you for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Breathtaking! Love your coloring on this - the water and sky are beautiful. A fabulous masculine card.

Julie Shearer said...

I love your card. The fish charm with the beautiful ribbon really sets it off. Great job. TFS.

Miriam Prantner said...

Saw this over on the OCL blog. It's just beautiful! I love how you've layered all the colors to create such a beautiful scene. Just gorgeous!

Tammy said...

UBER AWESOME!!! You did such a lovely job!! this card has so much depth--and when I look at it ---I can 'feel' the ripples in the water:) thanks so very much for sharing and allowing me to glean from you!!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Kris said...

Very pretty.

ride board administrator said...

Beautiful!!!

Sue McRae said...

Love the colours and masculine papers on this card and the fish charm is a perfect touch!

Shalah said...

I love your beautiful card! Found you from Our Craft Lounge.

Unknown said...

Wow! I know this is a masculine card but it is so PRETTY! This is a great card for any fisherman and I happen to have one of those. ;)