Monday, March 19, 2012

March Artist of the Month -

Hi Everyone,

I am excited to be the artist this month for Our Craft Lounge this March and every monday I am peeking a little OCL creation - this week, I am excited to make a card with this gorgeous stamp set: Proud as a Peacock (OCL). Growing up in India, I have always had a fondness for peacocks - there is something so unique about the call of a peacock let alone their amazing plumage! 

I stamped this gorgeous peacock  in Memento Tuxedo black and then cut out the main body and then stamped the peacock again in Danube blue and then colored it in with copies and adorned the peacock in bling and pearls after cutting it out with some oval nesties. After layering it with some beaded oval nesties, I added some May Arts ribbon and used the scallop from the DP and added the sweet sentiment: "You are Simply Fabulous" to the ribbon.

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle (Hello Fall) and Kraft
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue, Danube Blue and Tuxedo Black and copies
Accessories: May Arts ribbon, liquid pearls, sponger, dimensionals, bling (blue and green), pearls, oval and beaded oval nesties.

The little leaves in the DP kind of reminded me of the little feathers in a peacock's plumage. I loved using this beautiful stamp set and love all the beautiful sentiments in this set - can't wait to make more peacock cards!

Hope you are having a lovely day :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Big hugs,
Sankari 

5 comments:

Crafty Caring Friends said...

What a beautiful card! I adore peacocks and this whimsy one is so colorful; it is like eye candy.

Sis Patterson said...

A lovely and striking card, Sankari. Your paper and ink choices are totally inspiring and really invoke an Indian feeling in your card. Wow!

Vintage Rose said...

Beautiful colors! Who wouldn't love receiving this card!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning card, Sankari! I adore peacocks, too, and yours is so amazingly dressed up!! Great job! ;D

Unknown said...

I always love your rich and vibrant color combos and I've never seen a better looking peacock! :-)