Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happiness and Love Always

Hi Everyone,

I haven't sent anything to my mother recently and I thought to make her a little tag/card gift set. I had a picture of the kids that is one of my favorites from last year and I cut it out and layered it onto a chipboard tag. The sentiments are from the Rose Wreath stamp set which is part of the gorgeous seasonal wreath collection from Taylored Expressions and the flowers are from the beautiful stamp set: Rosy Posey.


I stamped the flowers from the Rosy Posey stamp set and then cut out the flowers and leaves. I cut the smaller flower and then popped it up on top of the big flower. A couple of months ago, I made a card with kraft layers and this embossing folder - I really liked how the card turned out and thought to use the same color combos on this card. I used a photo corner cutter for the first layer and a corner chomper for the second layer which I then embossed and then sponged. I love the font on this sentiment and layered it with a fancy spellbinders label and finished it with some ribbon from my stash and some hat pins in the flower (I thought it kind of looked like baby's breath flowers):



Here is a close up picture of the sentiment, flowers and hat pins:


I love this tag that I made using the kids picture, I thought that my mom could keep it in her office :) I stamped only the word Love from the sentiment from the Rose Wreath stamp set and then added the crystal hat pins and the rose and leaves. Love this so much :) Still so hard to believe how fast they are growing up!

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Kraft paper and Taylored Expressions Choice SnowWhite paper
Stamps: Rosy Posey stamp set for the flowers, Rose Wreath for the sentiments
Inks: Memento RoseBug ink and Pear Tart  and Rich Cocoa
Accessories: liquid pearls, EK success border punch, Spellbinders Fancy Labels, ribbon from stash, hat pins, sponger, corner chomer and photo corner punch, embossing folder from tim holtz and dimensionals

I love making little projects for my loved ones. I can't wait to make more of these photo tags - it was so much fun to make using their sweet smiling faces :) Be sure to stop by the  Fresh Out of the Oven Section to see what is new at TE as well as the What's the Deal section where you can see what's on sale!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

4 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colours and little details.

Radha said...

aw... those are true gems... and u are the main LOVE-Give of all! Happiness allways...

Unknown said...

What a great gift for your mom to receive. I love all of the little details you put into this tag. The netting is a neat touch and your choice of colors is perfect, as always. ;) So much love went into this project and she will love it!

nzillingworth said...

Love the tone on tone background this looks so expensive. Do we really need a reason to send a lovely card? What a nice feeling that someone has thought about you by sending it.