Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happiness Always!

Hi Everyone,

I am still pinching myself at the change in the weather - everywhere I look it seems as if spring has sprung! And somehow, I am not ready! It's only March - we usually don't get Spring weather till April or even May. My coats, sweaters and boots look way to warm but somehow I am a bit nervous to pack them all away and bring out the sandals and shorts... I wanted to make a Springy card inspired by all the springy loveliness from Nature and so I created this card using the sentiment from the newly released stamp set: Spring Cottage from Taylored Expressions along with the lovely fairytale roses from Prima flowers - (love all the Prima embellies that Taylor has) and cut out some leaves from the Rosy Posey Stamp set. 



Card Ingredients:
Paper: MME on the Bright side and Kraft paper
Stamps: sentiment from: Spring Cottage  stamp set and the cut out leaves are from the Rosy Posey stamp set
Inks: Memento Tangelo and Chalk Ink
Accessories: Circle nesties, Scallop nesties, Grass punch from MS, EK success border punch, May Arts ribbon, glue dots and dimensionals

I cut out a circle with my nesties and then popped it up onto the kraft card stock after putting the flower DP under it. I cut out a scallop border that I then cut out with my circle nestie to create a border and then had the sentiment come out of that and then popped the ribbon with a glue dot on top of the sentiment. The same EK success border was repeated on the top and bottom of the card and then both the top and bottom were lined with liquid pearls. 

I think this is one of my favorite sentiments - love it! All the fonts from the Spring Cottage stamp sets are so lovely! And I can't get enough of the Rosy Posey stamp set!!! Can't wait to make more soon!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Your spring card makes me happy, love the colors and those pretty paper roses.