Monday, May 4, 2015

Taylored Expressions - May Release - Day 1 Sneak Peek: Starry Night Cutting Plate and Little Bits- MasonJar

Hi Everyone!!

Can you believe that it is already May?! I feel like I say this every month! It just feels like the days and nights are spinning by and I wish that things would just slow down a little bit!! We are celebrating May with an awesome release from Taylored Expressions where there is an explosion of new amazing stamps, dies and TE designer paper packs!

To start off with there is a wonderful new cutting plate called the Starry Night Cutting Plate. I paired this with the Downtown Border  to create a little night scene. This cutting plate reminds me of the movie "When Harry Met Sally" - Something about Meg Ryan looking out into the sky and Tom Hanks doing the same  thing a million miles away from each other and then meeting together on the top of the Empire Sate Building - so I challenged that image in creating this starry night. I first sponged the sky with the Clouds Border die and then cut out the stars with the cutting plate and layered the buildings in front:


Card Ingredients::
Stamps
: sentiment from the Under the Toadstool stamp set (TE)
Inks: Memento Nautical Navy, Teal Zeal and Bahama Blue
Papers (TE): Potato Chip, Oreao, Sugar Cube, Blue Corn
Taylored Dies: Downtown Border, Starry Cutting Plate, Cloud Border
Accessories: circle nestabilities, yellow stickles, white gel pen, Best Glue Ever and foam dimensional tape

I just loved making this card - so much fun creating a night sky scene and then creating something fun with a circle card :) Wish I could just play in my craft room all day (and then have someone else clean it when I am done! LOL!)

For my second card, I used the new Matched Kit: Summer Nights for all my cardstock and design paper needs! I used the new stamp set called: Of Thee I Sing for the sentiment and the lovely stamped musical notes and then used the Little Bits - Mason Jar that is filled with stars (from the Starry Nights Cutting Plate) that I "opened" up to release out the stars into the night sky:

Here is close up of the card and the Mason Jar with the stars, I laid over some clear acetate over it for a glass look and then added some bling and pennants for a fun and festive feel:



Card Ingredients:
Stamps
: Off Thee I Sing stamp set from TE
Papers: Matched Kit: Summer Nights from TE
Inks: Memento Inks: Teal Zeal from Memento Inks
Taylored Dies: Party Banner Border,Little Bits - Mason Jar
Accessories: circle nesties, Best Glue Ever, Foam Dimensionals, Gold Bling, Stars from the Starry night Cutting Plate and copics 


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please hop by Taylor's Blog for the complete blogroll and more details about this release!


Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win. 

Please stop by tomorrow for more release sneak peeks! Happy Monday and Happy May!!

hugs,
Sankari :)


3 comments:

Gramma Dee said...

That circle card is... how can I say this... MAGICAL! I really want to pin it, but don't see the link.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

L-O-V-E!!!! These new patriotic products are so awesome. Your cards are gorgeous as always!! XOXOXO

Christine Kiehl said...

You are hands down uber creative and imaginative! I LOVE these cards! Fantastic!